Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

KJ Heat Deflector

JEC23
JEC23 Posts: 131
Just seen how smart the KJ version of the plate setter is, not to mention cheaper, compared to the XL one it's nearly half the price for me in the UK!!

Looks like it has all the makings of the Woo from the ceramic grill store and best of all for me I can buy it in the UK.  I really hope BGE sit up and take note of these clever design ideas KJ are coming up with, I'm sure there is no patent to worry about.  I love my Egg and the customer service but would like to be able to buy own brand accessories that fit with how we want to use our Eggs

Comments

• mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    For some reason the link you provided is not working for me.
    However, I have seen the Big Joe with the D & C system. Are you referencing the
    split heat deflector unit? If so, I too think this is a good idea that lends options with the 
    base package.

I can't help but think that BGE will adopt a similar offering in the near future, as this one seems 
    to be very popular for the folks at KJ.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR
  • JEC23
    JEC23 Posts: 131
    Yes the split unit, the link I had just won't paste in correctly
  • mcmac
    mcmac Posts: 496
    I agree, this is a slick idea that offers a lot of flexibility. I'm pretty sure they are sized to fit the BGE units as well. From what I can find on-line, most of the BGE stuff can be used in the KJ units, which should mean the opposite would be true as well.
    XL BGE -  Med BGE - Mini BGE - Traeger Pellet Grills

Hillsboro OR