Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum. You can also find a lot of information, cooking tips and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Heavy Whipping Cream Over Whipped

Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,046
edited June 2014 in EggHead Forum
Had a pint and half of heavy whipping cream in my Kitchen Aid with the whip and the goal was whipping cream for the top of my tres leche cake. As it was approaching whipping cream status the phone rang and when I got back the texture was chuncks of whipping cream and some liquid. 
Was I on my way to butter or mozzerrella cheese? Will redo the project tomorrow and keep a closer eye on it. 
TIA

Comments

• DMWDMW Posts: 8,903
    You were on the way to butter, the liquid was buttermilk. Love me some homemade butter.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 13,890
    This thread could be going in a whole different direction per the title. Just sayin' ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,046
    Should I continue to whip and if so for how much longer?. I am definately past the whipping cream stage.
    Yes, continue to whip until it starts to get solid. Then squeeze out all the liquid from the solid and you have butter. Add a bit of salt (careful easy to oversalt), or don't add salt. Here's a great howto.

Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 18,941
    I'm not a baker but I think you have to keep it cold, and I don't think there's any going back to the emulsified form.

Ok I'm to inebriated to read this without giggling like a school girl. ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 8,046
    Ok I'm to inebriated to read this without giggling like a school girl. ;-)

I am going to join you and have another single malt scotch and worry about it in the AM.

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,278
    Beat it like a red headed stepchild and then squeeze the hell out of it to get all the moisture out.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Beat it like a red headed stepchild and then squeeze the hell out of it to get all the moisture out.
    You can warm up a banana peel for a few seconds in the microwave.  Somehow I heard that can help.

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,944
    Just whip it! Whip it good.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Morgantown, PA

Hehehehe

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Mark Mothersbaugh - Devo

And now, Yo Gabba Gabba

(mind - blown)

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 12,278
    I bet he huffed that marker first.
    Dammit, I'm listening to Radio Ethiopia as we speak.

Steve 

Caledon, ON