Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tell me what you guys think!

KoskoKosko Posts: 535
Was cooking some filets the other night, had the egg pumping 750 degrees and heard a loud pop. Saw the crack and then when it cooled down it almost disappeared. Started it back up tonight and this is what I saw! Absolutely heartbroken! I am the original owner and have contacted BGE about it. Should I be too worried?
Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE

Comments

• SGHSGH Posts: 21,121
    @‌Kosko
    I have heard the same loud pop on more than one occasion. I know mine has to be cracked but I haven't been able to find it yet. Good luck with the warranty.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 19,669
    I wouldn't be worried unless you can't find proof of purchase and have a defunct dealer. 

That is defective, no question they should replace. 

• DMWDMW Posts: 9,271
    Yep, it's broke. Shouldn't be a problem getting it replaced though.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser
  • KoskoKosko Posts: 535
    I sent BGE an e mail about an hour ago. I am not worried because I know BGE is superior for cust. Service! Just panicked a little bit!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE