Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Need help finding table plans.

Options

I have a LBGE and built a table for it last year but I'm wanting to upgrade my table and I'm having trouble finding plans of what I'm looking for.

The table I'm wanting is a rolling table that has the LBGE centered and a piece of granite on each side.

I found this photo on Naked whiz but I cant find any plans.  If you guys could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.image

LBGE

John Henry Lump Charcoal

A few toys for the Egg right now but always looking for more.

Egging in the Lowcountry of SC

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Built a lotta things in my day, some from pics, some from my imagination. But never from plans.  :D I think there are table plans at TNW too, not just pics. 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• tkleager
    tkleager Posts: 539
    Options
    Here is the link to Naked Whiz's Table  http://www.nakedwhiz.com/cart.htm.

Here is the link to download the PDF of those plans.  http://www.nakedwhiz.com/tableplans/tableplans.htm

No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • lowcountry_chuck
    Options
    While I appreciate the link, I've already built that table. The table I'm needing plans for are for the one in my original post. I have yet to locate a set of plans that resemble that table.

LBGE

John Henry Lump Charcoal

A few toys for the Egg right now but always looking for more.

Egging in the Lowcountry of SC

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Only thing I an recommend is not building it out of wood. See recent posts on fires. Not trying to sway you one way or the other….just think.

Cheers!
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    IMHO - you don't need plans, just look at a bunch of pictures of tables and designs you like, sketch out what you want to do, decide what materials are available and you want to use, then pick the type of joinery to use (mortise tenon, screws, dowels, notches, etc) and set your dimensions. 
    Options
    While not an exact look of what you are going for mine is centered. It's 60" x "30 deep. I didn't take measurements of everything I just built off of what I wanted. You can see some pics of my table at this link.
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1166468/new-cedar-build
    I used 4 12x12 granite tiles to save money. They were $3.50 each and easy to pop out for cleaning if needed.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Doetag755 said:
    While not an exact look of what you are going for mine is centered. It's 60" x "30 deep. I didn't take measurements of everything I just built off of what I wanted. You can see some pics of my table at this link. http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1166468/new-cedar-build I used 4 12x12 granite tiles to save money. They were $3.50 each and easy to pop out for cleaning if needed.

I remember your table and really like it, but I would make mine longer for bigger storage space and wider for my XL. What did it cost in materials if you don't mind me asking.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • Doetag755
    Doetag755 Posts: 5
    Options
    Wood, casters, and varnish all in was right at $325.
  • xiphoid007
    xiphoid007 Posts: 536
    edited June 2014
    Options
    http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1157985/cedar-table#latest Here are plans for the table I built. It is a mash up of the plans on Komodo Joe's site and Naked Whiz. I did put casters on the bottom. I used all pocket screws so I had no visible screw holes. I used glue on all wood contact sites except for the tabletops so I could replace at a later date if the wore out without building a new table and possibly put a granite table top on top. In retrospect I would raise the bottom shelf 1/2-1" to clear the hinge better. I used Google sketchup to make the plans. The program is free and pretty east to navigate. If you really want plans, that is the way to go.
    Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE