Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

World Cup Pick 'Em

Options
13»

Comments

• nick_banich
    nick_banich Posts: 110
    Options
    Fivethirtyeight.com gives us a 41% chance. However, that assumes a fully healthy squad. I hope Jozy can at least give us 30 next week.
    -Large BGE since 6-13
    -Indianapolis, IN

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options

I'm not convinced that Jozy makes us better.  He has his moments and he did really well in the Netherlands, so I know he is capable of making a great contribution.  I think maybe his skillset doesn't exactly fit with the way the rest of the team plays... or maybe I just don't appreciate his contribution at times when he doesn't score.  I've thought that having him wear out defenders for the first 60-70 minutes, then subbing him out for someone with serious speed might be the best way to use him. 

At this point, it seems to me that Brazil and Belgium are the two teams that are just not playing up to their potential as they are still playing as individuals.  We have to hope that Belgium doesn't put it together on Tuesday, just as Columbia is hoping the same when they play Brazil. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    If it wasn't for Brazil's 12th man(the goalpost) tthey'd be out. Too bad.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,844
    Options

If it wasn't for Brazil's 12th man(the goalpost) tthey'd be out. Too bad.

Yep.

And that was a bummer for El Tri. There were pictures of St. Memo going around before the Netherlands finally scored. When you are relying on your keeper that much, it is only a matter of time.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX