Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

311-286-300-325-396-295

Options
Something is out of whack on my maverick grid temp prope. I've moved it around and it does the same thing. Those series of numbers occurred probably around a minutes time. How good is mavericks customer service?
NW IOWA

Comments

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    Well, I am disappointed. I was hoping this was some Lost-level secret code. 

Can't help at all with your actual problem, sorry. 
    Boom
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Check to make sure it is plugged in good. Remove plug and replug. That has helped me in the past.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    You can swap the food probe and pit probe and see if the problem follows the probe or not. Turn off the alarms before you do, because probably your meat is lower than your pit low temp alarm and your pit is currently higher than your meat high alarm.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Curiosity killed the cat. Satisfaction brought him back. I also thought this was gonna be some nerdy algorithm :)) Sounds like you have a probe failing. I've heard of some ppl getting off the wall readings due to foil touching the probes. But. I don't personally have a Maverick. I use my Stoker now on my L&S but everything else I use dome temp Tel-Tru and temp product with Thermapen. I'm sure your malfunction has been seen by others here.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    Well I've shut the egg down but it's still hovering a little under the 300 mark. @Mattman3969‌ I unplugged the probe and plugged it back in and it seems to be ok now. I'll see what happens on the next cook. Thanks!
    NW IOWA
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    My guess is it will be ok. In my experience when the Maverick probes go bad you get LLL on the screen. If they get to hot you will see HHH. I have seen both and got lucky enough to catch the HHH before I fried the probe wires. Now I hardly ever use the maverick unless it is a sub 275* cook.

analyze adapt overcome

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Mine has done this kind of crap out of the box. I just use it as a "broad guess" now.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42
    Options
    Could be the next Powerball winner!!

analyze adapt overcome