Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So are you cooking for Father's Day?

Wife asked me what I wanted.  I told her BBQ (may even try my first brisket).  She then asked "you cannot cook, it is Father's Day".  I said it is my day and this is what I want to do.  I care to not go out to eat or even leave the house.  

This is my first Father's Day so I am a little new to things so excuse me.  

What about you guys?  
------------------------------
Thomasville, NC
My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
Instagram
Facebook
My Photography Site

Comments

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    I want to do spare ribs, but I think my wife is tired of BBQ. I have 4 slabs in the freezer waiting to go on the egg.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Snake river farms brisket
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • BREWnQ
    BREWnQ Posts: 219
    Hahahahahahah wife asked today what I wanted for father's day and I said I wanna BBQ. Thinkin smoked meatloaf but nothing locked Iin yet.
    Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA
  • BREWnQ
    BREWnQ Posts: 219
    My egg was my father's day gift last year and all I want to do is spend time with my egg.
    Brewer, BBQer, Softballer, RCer, Father, HomeTheaterer, and trouble maker.
    Orange, CA
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Yes, doing 6 racks of Baby Backs for a pool party after golf. Should be a fun day.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583
    Hey Matt congratulations on your first Father's Day. I will most definitely be cooking Sunday.

In my life "you can't cook, it's Father's Day" is wifese for "I don't want to eat what you are planning to make."

I finally understand why all the oldtimers quietly got stiff while pretending to work in the yard.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Yep. Wife wanted to take me out so I could "relax". Thing is I am relaxed when I cook. So I'm egging. Although our Son is taking me on a surprise something or other on Saturday (should be interesting he's 19 :-) ).
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Keefer
    Keefer Posts: 120
    edited June 2014
    We have both our families coming Saturday evening. I will be cooking 8 racks of ribs. Looking forward to a good day with the wife, the dog, the egg and later - some family time :) happy happy happy
  • GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Definitely cooking! Wife knows I am relaxed when grilling and after my first year answer to the "what do you want to do on Father's Day", which was "go fishing" I have learned it's more about what they want to do for us not what we want to do. Great thing is my nine year old has been asking lots of questions about cooking on the egg so I think I might cook something with her. I picked up an old cast iron muffin pan last weekend and I think I'm going to let her bake some muffins and maybe some wings for lunch. Dinner menu still in the works.
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • I'm cooking...it's what i do.

I'm thinking either a couple really thick ribeye's reverse seared, or some smoked double cut pork chops...will decide based on what looks better at the butcher on Friday.

Happy early Father's Day to all you dads.

1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
    500 Posts: 3,177
    Gonna get some of the Father's Day stuff in on Saturday.  Planning on going go karting with my girls and a close friends of the family.  Electric karts.  Should be fun.  Rack of pork and cocktails Saturday as well.  Sunday maybe fishing with the girls, pool time, and a big juicy steak on the Egg.  Yea, I'm cooking.
    I like my butt rubbed and my pork pulled.
    Member since 2009
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    We may go out for brunch, but I'm thinking a nice thick reverse sear ribeye may be on the agenda for the evening. 
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • jonnymack
    jonnymack Posts: 627
    Yeah my plan is for baby back ribs on the egg or maybe some smoked chicken wings or maybe both!  Not sure but definitely the ask from me was time to cook on the egg.  We are but simple men....
    Firing up the BGE in Covington, GA

• ShadowNick
    ShadowNick Posts: 533
    Heading up to the folk's lakehouse and going to fire off some reverse seared ribeyes with hasselback potatoes on their egg for my dad's father's day dinner.  Should be a good time.
    Pentwater, MI
  • kthacher
    kthacher Posts: 155
    I timed my very first from-scratch bacon cook on Sunday morning, after a week long cure. Can't wait.
    Winnipeg, Canada
  • Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564
    @Griffin Did I read it correctly? Congrats =D>
    Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Burgers and ribs, per the wife. Maybe some Zweigles Hot Dogs with their hot dog sauce.

• robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    I want to cook something but it will probably be takeout.  My son has a hockey game from 3-5 on Sunday - no Egg for me - unless I want to eat much later in the evening and a fast cook.

Garnerville, NY
  • NecessaryIndulg
    NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
    My dad asked for chili dogs . . . 
    I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
    I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
    You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,170
    Definitely cooking on Father's Day-my gift to me.  I'm with @badinfluence doing a SRF brisket. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Somehow, my husband convinced me last Sunday was Father's Day. Sirloin kebabs with chimichurri, per his request. As we were sitting down to dinner, he let me know the real date. We're having ribeye, a cut I never cook because it's so fatty. The hasselback potatoes sound good, too. 
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • Ktim
    Ktim Posts: 364
  • jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Probably yes, but on a Weber...
    Kemah, TX
  • NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    My wife will be in Disney world without me for work  :(( so I'll be cooking for myself and kids :)
    Aurora,OH
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    I won't be cooking, we will be driving home from Durham, NC after dropping our daughter with her grandparents for the first part of summer vacation.

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    @tarheelmatt‌
    First let me say that's awesome little lady you are holding there. For Father's Day I'm going to cook a split goat and a pork picnic with crawfish for starters. Just a tradition we started quite some years ago and have stuck with. Enjoy that little lady my friend. I assure you she will grow up way faster than want.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.