Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PNW Eggfest 2014

Elde
Elde Posts: 148
Anyone else at the PNW EggFest yesterday?  Awesome weather, lots of good ideas and cooks willing to share ideas and tips.  One guy even remembered me from last year  (claims he remembers us chatting, probably remembers me sneaking back for thirds and fourths on his wings).  Best takeaway I want to try - deep dish pizza in a cast iron skillet.

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Low and slow trip tip that melted in your mouth.
    Pan pizza was solid, way different flavor than regular pizza.
    Grilled corn

And some young ladies made a apple cobbler dish ( pie)? It was topped with crescent roll dough rolled in cinnamon, I had a few servings A+
    Seattle, WA
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Yesterday was my first fest - fun! Great people, great food, great fun! Picked up my XXL. Funny story - I convinced my parents to come Friday night. Guess who won the grand prize of a large and table? Yep, my parents! So now I guess between my kids, we'll have three generations of edgers in the family! Anyone who attended sample something that was like a calzone with several Italian cold cuts, multiple cheeses, tomatoes, etc? My mom loved it and would like the recipe!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Elde
    Grr... your parents have my second large!

:)

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Obviously, I should have said picked up my XL. I bet they had to use a crane on the XXL there!
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Lucky them, it was a great time. Look forward to the next.
    Seattle, WA
  • OP, that might have been me, I was cooking sriracha wings and thai satay skewers

We had a great time but not being under a canopy was draining, we got home and promptly passed out.
  • Elde
    Yeah, that was probably you.  :)  (On the parking lot side, more or less opposite the stage?)  Didn't get any of your wings this year, just bad timing.