Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chick-fil-a

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002

@henapple - I agree brother - friends fo-evah.  But we'll take the Burgdahl thing off-line. 

egger in los angeles is right in many ways. Even though that alter ego is a douche.

Please include me. I have a unique perspective as I was over there when he left his post. I searched for weeks for him.

Seriously?
    Yep. I worked and fought like never before looking for that ass hat.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,545
    @henapple - I agree brother - friends fo-evah.  But we'll take the Burgdahl thing off-line. 

egger in los angeles is right in many ways. Even though that alter ego is a douche.
    Please include me. I have a unique perspective as I was over there when he left his post. I searched for weeks for him.
    Seriously?
    Yep. I worked and fought like never before looking for that ass hat.
    Thank you for your service Sir..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    @travisstrick - why rescue a deserter?

Duty, honor...like obama
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    I did eat lunch at CFA. Throat punched a lesbian while I was there. She kicked my ass.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    You're lucky that's all that happened.  That was **** Cheney's daughter.
    "INFORMATION". Per #2, you are #6.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002

We never leave a man behind. I can't explain why that's so important. Even for those who don't deserve it. Looking for a deserter is more for the rest of us. If we left anyone the whole gig would be up and the trust would be gone.

Perhaps it's more important to rescue those who don't deserve it.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • nolaegghead
    So it wouldn't be appropriate for a president to call that off because it's military code.
    I'm at chic fil a now, it was really good. Brought all of my kids, they love it here. The guy that served us was obviously gay. I should have asked his opinion on the matter.
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    SGH said:
    Can't we all just have a ribeye and be happy my skinny, fat, gay, straight, black and white friends?
    It's like you're looking in my window.
    NOLA
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    I appreciate that you were able to blame your dbaggery on alcohol. I just want to clarify. I do not approve of homosexuals. I do not support homosexuals but at the same time, I do not HATE gays. I grew up feeling that HATE is a very strong word. I don't even dislike gays. I have and have had gay friends in the past. Pretty sure there may even be some closet folk on my extended family. I also don't feel that the government or politicians should have any say in what I or you do in your home so long as you're not hurting anyone and not being immoral. The issue stands that 'the other side' is pushing so hard to make EVERYTHING acceptable and forcing it down some of our throats, that we have no choice but to push back or we'll lose everything. And be cAreful telling that you like guns. People very similar to you might want to take them away soon.
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited June 2014
    @buzd504‌
    I hear ya brother. People fight over things that don't matter. Hey I'm fat does that mean I'm a menace to society? I have a black child that I adopted does that make me less white or a traitor? Between me and my wife we make over 300,000 a year and own two homes. Not to bad for a fat boy with a black child.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,864
    When it comes to cooking on the Egg, it seems to me that most of us feel as though we have plenty to learn.  We're very open to sharing ideas and perspectives.  Nobody feels as though their point of view is the only one that matters or gets angry if others suggest different ones.  OK, I'm probably pushing it there but you folks get the idea.

I'm not sure why but when it comes to political discussions, in my experience it's just the opposite.  My father-in-law was a brilliant guy, extremely accomplished anesthesiologist.  He also held political views that were very different from my own, and we had some fairly heated discussions.  He passed away a few years ago from pulmonary fibrosis at the age of 74.  In retrospect I regret not spending more time being open to trying to understand his point of view.  To do more listening than talking.  

Just an observation.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    I don't think there's any threat to losing heterosexual marriage or guns.  Well, maybe smart guns.
    @SGH‌ - you left out brown! I'm not feeling the love :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • SGH
    @caliking‌
    Sorry for the mistake brother. It was not intentional I assure you. I like and enjoy the companionship off all people. Color just doesn't matter to me. There are good people of all races and colors and there are bad people of all races and colors. It's just not fair to condemn a entire race for the actions of a few idiots. Again sorry my brother.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    @SGH - I was just yankin' your chain, buddy. :) I get your message.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Hibby
    Hibby Posts: 606
    So I picked up one of those cast iron plate setters. Pretty pricey indeed. I've used it once for burgers and really liked it. Anyone else got one? Thoughts?
    I cook. I eat. I repeat. Thornville, Ohio
  • SGH
    @caliking‌
    I know you was. I still love ya my brown brother! ;)

Status- Standing by.

• legomyeggo
    legomyeggo Posts: 113
    I support anyone expressing their honest opinion. Now days if you do that and happen to be on the conservative side of an argument, you are a racist, neo-nazi, neanderthal, and homophobic. I like their attitude. Have nothing against peaceful people anywhere.
  • SGH
    edited June 2014
    @Hibby‌
    No . But I want one. Let me know how you like yours when you get to use it more.
    Thanks in advance my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• QDude
    QDude Posts: 1,052
    jmarbs21 said:
    I support chick-fil-a 100%, everything from their values and beliefs to their food
    +1111

Northern Colorado Egghead since 2012.

XL BGE and a KBQ.

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,352

=======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Teefus
    Teefus Posts: 1,204
    Groan.
    Michiana, South of the border.
  • There is already enough off topic crap on here. Why resurrect a 4 year old thread?
    Marshall in Beautiful Fruit Cove, FL.
    MiniMax 04/17
    Unofficial BGE MiniMax Evangelist
    Facebook Big Green Egg MiniMax Owners Group

• westernbbq
    westernbbq Posts: 2,490
    CFA is a great company. The Cathy family are dear friends and I am proud to call them neighbors. They have personally supported breast cancer walks and have given innumerable blessings to many many people. I used to live in Gulfport, MS and New Orleans after college; moved back to Atlanta for work. After Katrina came thru and leveled my old apartment with a barge in Gulfport and forced many of my closest friends to leave their homes, the Cathy's helped me get hotels for them, gave them all the free food they could ever eat, and gas and money for travel expenses back home months later. That's never going to be in the news! They are good people.
    CFA supports my son's high school football team but all we ever hear about is the 'bad' non PC stuff CFA does

Food service and community support are great.  They make me want to to to CFA more frequently
  • The Times Square location was packed when I was in NYC, the end of last month. Obviously a lot of people all around the country like their food.
    I tell no one how to live their life, as I am a flawed person myself. 
    LBGE, and just enough knowledge and gadgets to be dangerous .
    Buford,Ga.