Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Any Original Henry Bain's Famous Sauce fans here?

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,890
Just read a piece about Pendennis Club in Louisville, Ky and the famous steak sauce originated there. Says it is now readily available at many retail stores. Anybody try it? Like it? It is worth ordering via the net?
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options

I have had the sauce on several occasions but not with anything cooked on the BGE.  I don't own a bottle (although locally available).  I think much of the buzz was due to the difficulty in finding outside the Louisville area.  Unless you can get free shipping (and not by ordering a huge quantity) I wouldn't order it via the web but all the above is just an opinion and we all know what those are worth. 

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    I got cha! Hard to get like Coors beer when I was in college, Blue's Hog sauce years ago, and La Bomba antipasto that @little Steven got us addicted to! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • bigdaddydivo
    Options
    I have never had that sauce but I do like the Peter Luger's steak sauce that is readily available at most Wegmans. It's found in the meat section. i use it to make a mushroom sauce to go with most steaks. as in an earlier post a week ago or so I rarely use sauce on steak unless it's an "off the rack" sirloin on a weeknight. Try Peter Luger's it's good!

LBGE, Weber One touch 26.75, an old gasser, firepit and more gadgets than ten people need

Livonia N.Y. (the vampire state)