Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just another Spatched Chicken with fresh herbs

Options
We were cleaning up the herb garden this morning and I decided to do a fresh herb paste on some chicken. As the story goes I went to the grocery for chicken and some sides. I took some fresh rosemary, thyme,Mexican parsley,sage basil and just a little of some Thai Basil along with a clove of garlic and a splash of EVOO and made a paste. Put that between the skin and meat and on the skin and cooked 400 raised direct imageimage While the small was doin a small clean burn I put the corn on the cob on the large and as it was finishing up I added the romaine with Pineappe Head image And the plated pics. image This turned out crazy flavorful. I just hope the SWMBO doesn't want a repeat cause all I remember was a little of this and a little of that.

-----------------------------------------

analyze adapt overcome

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.

Comments

• tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    Options
    Looks like you had quite the meal!
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Boom! Nailed it!!!!!!
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• KJWILD
    KJWILD Posts: 95
    Options
    Sounds and looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.
    Husband, Father, Grandfather and Chef of the Home Front. XL BGE- purchased on 5/28/2014
  • FATC1TY
    FATC1TY Posts: 888
    Options
    Looks great.

I'm new on some of the accessories, but what are you using to raise your grid, I like the handles on the sides and have seen it before.
    -FATC1TY
    Grillin' and Brewing in Atlanta
    LBGE
    MiniMax
  • Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Both the large and the small have the woo from CGW. The large is the woo3 so I can use the plate setter.

analyze adapt overcome

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    What time is dinner?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mattman3969
    Mattman3969 Posts: 10,457
    Options
    Dinner is gone now but there is 1/2 chicken and one ear of corn leftover. Tell me what time you be here and I will warm it up!!

analyze adapt overcome

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    1/2 chicken some andouille and you are on your way to jambalaya. I'd even put the corn in it. I do this with my leftover spatchcock image
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• pretzelb
    pretzelb Posts: 158
    Options
    I have been doing rubs with the chicken but I like the idea of herbs like you did. I am not sure I'm brave enough to wing it but maybe I can work up the courage. 
    XL egg owner, home brewer, jogger, coffee roaster, gamer