Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Craigslist posting in Baltimore

Options
If anyone in the Baltimore area is looking for a new toy check this out. Looks like it needs to go today.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/for/4497765390.html

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    edited June 2014
    Options
    This kamado is actually made of clay and not ceramic. So only good for temps under 350 degrees. He mentions that he sears a steak in seconds and has done pizza with it. Not sure if I believe any of that. He's very lucky its still in one piece if that's true. Shouldn't be left out in the elements since it's made of clay. Will absorb water and moisture and crack easier with higher temps. Probably not a bad smoker if you're careful with it and it's surroundings. Just don't use it like he has in the past. ;)
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    Did anybody go check this out? I had way too much to do today to go for a ride.
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    @Richard Fl‌ Has bought them under $10 at yard sales and done some nice restorations on them. He would be your guy if you had any questions on it
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    Thanks for the info, I have tooooo many projects right now to take on another. I just thought some of the folks from the western shore might be interested. But you insight was very helpful and if some one goes and gets it they now have a contact for more info.