Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

awesome wings

Options
Cooked up some wings the other night and I think they were the best yet. The meat was so moist and the flavor was great. I finished them off with some buffalo wing sauce and some homemade ghost pepper hot sauce. The 5lbs went really fast!
Pure Michigan
Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Comments

• Philly35
    Philly35 Posts: 858
    Options
    Can't beat good chicken wings!
    NW IOWA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @shadowcaster‌
    Looks excellent brother. I got to ask how do you like the ghost peppers? I find that I have a pretty high tolerance for heat compared to most people but I have to admit the ghost peppers exceed my limit by a considerable margin. Just curious if you like and can tolerate the full and undiluted heat of them. I myself like the taste but again the heat is a bit much for me. Again that's some great looking wings.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• shadowcaster
    shadowcaster Posts: 620
    Options
    @SGH‌ I eat them like grapes....haha just kidding. They are very hot and this hot sauce I got from my buddy was made just right. It had the kick but wasn't overpowering. He did a great job on it. I agree that sometimes it can be too much but this was not the case. I love spicy food but at the same time I want to enjoy my meal. Its sometimes is tough to cook because I will be eating something and I barely feel the heat but everyone else is complaining that it is too spicy.
    Pure Michigan
  • xiphoid007
    xiphoid007 Posts: 536
    Options
    Is that a raised direct or raised indirect? What temp? How crispy was the skin? Did you sauce on the grill?

I'm perfecting my wing technique and haven't landed on one yet.

Those look awesome!
    Pittsburgh, PA - 1 LBGE
  • shadowcaster
    Options
    That is just a dry rub on the wings. Raised direct at 375* the skin had a lot of crisp to it. I sauced after I took them off. Sorry I don't have a pic of them sauced but my fingers got messy quick! Haha
    Pure Michigan
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited May 2014
    Options
    @shadowcaster‌
    On last question if you don't mind. Do you purchase your ghost peppers or do you raise them? I may be mistaken on this but I hear there are a few different strains of the ghost peppers, some not quiet as hot as the ones at the very top of the spectrum. If that is the case I would love to locate some of the lesser ones as I do enjoy the taste, just not the nuclear blast that follows. Thanks.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• shadowcaster
    Options
    Sorry for the delay but I was out fishing all day. My buddy made the sauce and he bought them.
    Pure Michigan