Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

sliders inside - so shoot me!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
edited May 2014 in EggHead Forum
Sometimes common sense does prevail...even to a hardcore egger like myself! Given several things tonight I decided to make these sliders INSIDE in a fry pan!!! Just the same these little "buggers" rocked...they were a mere 2.5 oz each!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    The best burgers are griddle-fried. I'd be all over those.
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    We would never shoot you!

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • smokesniffer
    smokesniffer Posts: 2,016
    Options
    "BANG" They look great, I'll take a few please ;)
    Large, small, and a mini
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited May 2014
    Options
    ...and I spent a small fortune on a couple green ceramic cooker things when I could have just used a pan, on a stove?!  That's it, I'm selling them tomorrow.
    Options
    You are bi. You can cook inside or outside =))
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TN_Egger
    TN_Egger Posts: 1,120
    Options
    You sure those aren't Krystal's?  I buy those by the bagful...after 2 am of course.
    Signal Mountain, TN
  • CarolinaCrazy
    CarolinaCrazy Posts: 585
    Options
    I always do sliders on a griddle. They gotta be thin and crusty!

I take a pound of ground chuck, roll it out into a rectangle with a rolling pin to 1/2" thick and then cut it into 3-4" squares.  Press them on a really hot cast iron griddle for a minute or two per side, and there you go.  

Don't forget to fry up some onions too.
    1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,392
    Options
    @RRP-Since today is National Hamburger Day, you are way ahead of the rest of us :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I thought it was national brisket day.

http://www.snakeriverfarms.com/brisket-14lbs-to-17lbs/
    edited May 2014
    Options
    @nola-Yup that too...must be lesser parts (in someone's eyes) of cow day in the grand scheme of things!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Buddy of mine just ordered one of those SRF briskets, will be delivered to me tomorrow.  Can't wait.
    Options

@nola-how did you swing that..."when you have your choice between lucky and good, take lucky every time!"  I am gifting a SRF brisket to myself for Father's Day.  Looking at the 11-14# size.  BTW-sometimes you can check their web site and a particular cut of meat (in my case, brisket) isn't posted.  I talked with them and it's because they are out of the cut.  Get more in and back up they go.  If you check today you will notice that the single 14-17# briskets are not offered-they expect a run thru the promo, I guess.

Sorry for the hi-jack here.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @lousubcap He's a work buddy from Indy that comes down here to our facility now and then, his last trip is next week and he's into BBQ, I've been cooking for him when he's in town.  Anyway, he's also a Weber rep in his off time and does competitions.  He wants to go out in style on his last NOLA trip so he just told me to expect an SRF brisket tomorrow, shipped it next day.  Rock n roll!
    Options
    Another work of art, Ron!   =D>
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon