Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cheeseburger Rolls

Options

I saw this recipe from the Barbeque Pit Boys.  It starts with 80/20 ground chuck.  Make your patties how you like 'em only make them 1/4 pounders.  I overdid mine and they turned out sloppy.  I put Montreal Steak seasoning and Worcestershire sauce in ours.  Rounding out the ingredients were sautéed onion, sautéed mushrooms, shredded cheese and crescent roll dough in a tube.  Oh, and bacon!  I can't forget that!  Cook the burgers 350 direct.  Pull them and put them on a crescent roll triangle.  Put on your topping and wrap them in the dough.  Back on the egg indirect until the dough is cooked.  The taste was good, but looked crummy due to execution errors.  We'll give it another try sometime.   

imageimageimageimageimageimage

Kinda a mess.  Thanks for looking!

Flint, Michigan

Comments

• boochsr71
    boochsr71 Posts: 267
    Options
    anything that messy has got to be good!

Booch- from Medina, Ohio

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Um what?!?! Yes please!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    boochsr71 said:

anything that messy has got to be good!

They were messy, but tasted good. Wilma suggested it would be less messy if we used a Bubba Burger. I agreed it would be less messy, but less tasty too! I just have to make the Patties smaller so the dough can fit around them.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    I see, with just a couple more strategic holes in the dough, an outstanding Halloween dish!   8-X

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    Options
    Botch said:

I see, with just a couple more strategic holes in the dough, an outstanding Halloween dish!   8-X

That is making lemonade from lemons! If you don't mind, I'm going to do that come October. Great idea!
    Flint, Michigan