Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Anyone in south eastern pa want a mini?

Comments

• FiremanyzFiremanyz Posts: 765
    I saw this last night on CL and thought I would post for anyone in the area.

@hapster‌ I know this is not to far from you if u were looking to add to the family.
  • johnkitchensjohnkitchens Posts: 4,411
    I wish it was close to me. Not a bad price at all.

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • ads75ads75 Posts: 391
    I have a work location 5 minutes from there...I may be by tomorrow.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • stevesailsstevesails Posts: 990
    $ 200   that's a great price.   there must be a catch.
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,412
    I appreciate the heads up... Not sure the wife would be as enthused as me if I brought that home though :))
  • stevesailsstevesails Posts: 990

looks like it is either a left over, or an old picture with the stand it has.

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• hashissmokinhashissmokin Posts: 136
    Newbie here.  Can anyone tell me how to post to the main forum?
    LBGE, Paris, KY.
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 3,289

Are you using a smartphone? Try using the desktop version on your smartphone.
    I'm on a desktop
    LBGE, Paris, KY.
  • SmokeyPittSmokeyPitt Posts: 8,358
    I'm on a desktop
    Just click the [New Discussion] button on the top right. 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

WeberWho? said:
    Are you using a smartphone? Try using the desktop version on your smartphone.
    I figured it out.  thanks!
    LBGE, Paris, KY.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• I might have to check this out. It's about 35 minutes from me. Thanks for posting.
    Large BGE. Southeast Pennsylvania. @BrianObst
    Is the new style nest/stand easy enough to get?
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 3,289
    ads75 said:

Is the new style nest/stand easy enough to get?

You won't find a better price anywhere for a mini. Great deal. You can order a mini stand from any authorized dealer or find one on ebay.
    Guess what I picked up. Back on the ground for now. They also had a small, $560 I think...
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
    You might touch base with BGE and see if you can trade in that stand on an updated model.  They discontinued the old stand because it could cause the egg to crack.  Since you bought the egg new you may be able to get a deal on new stand.  Who knows they may send you one for free.  See this thread:

It would be better for them to send you a new stand now, rather than have to send a new base and stand if it breaks!

You might touch base with BGE and see if you can trade in that stand on an updated model.  They discontinued the old stand because it could cause the egg to crack.  Since you bought the egg new you may be able to get a deal on new stand.  Who knows they may send you one for free.  See this thread:

It would be better for them to send you a new stand now, rather than have to send a new base and stand if it breaks!
    Thanks, I already figured on getting a new stand/nest for it. At $200, it was too good to pass up as an unused floor model, even if I decide to spend the $70 for a new stand, I still think I did ok. But you are right, I will check with BGE.
    Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA
  • FiremanyzFiremanyz Posts: 765
    @ads75 was that the only one they were selling at that price? I'm glad someone from here was able to take advantage of the deal. If it was only a little bit closer I would have gone there and got it myself. Again congratulations.
  • boostfedboostfed Posts: 63
    man, wish they had that sale here in CA... A mini would be awesome!
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,513
    How did I miss this post a few days ago. Nice pickup @ads75
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

@Firemanyz @grege345 Thanks, I think that was the only one they were selling at that price. They did have a small with nest around $570. I remember they were selling a mini in Feb for around $300, almost did it then. I would've waited for a mini-max, but couldn't pass up this deal.

Large BGE, Mini BGE
    Morgantown, PA