Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shish kabobs direct or indirect?

Options
It's been awhile. Doing steak and chicken ones. All with all the veggies. Direct or in direct? I have a lot to do so was going to go indirect with plate setter and use both tears on swing rack. Figure they would be to close to the fire with out. Thoughts?
County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I do them raised direct but either would work I'm sure
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Direct!  Don't even think about indirect.
    Options

Direct!  Don't even think about indirect.

Veggies would probably get to mushy indirect hey.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Kabobs are grilled=direct.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    You can put stuff on a stick and bake it and it might even be delicious, but don't call it a kebab, because it ain't.
    Options
    Direct. I'll raise the bottom 3 inches with some square tubing and still use both levels. Now that I think about it that was a pretty dumb question. But my mind is definitely else where and not on cooking. Thanks for getting me strait. Have a good weekend.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct Direct
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    Ok ok. I got it!
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Mickey 'stroked out!
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    My fault. Won't happen again. Lol.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    =))
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.