Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Anyone ever order form the BGE retail store?

Options
Jeffroe189
Jeffroe189 Posts: 273
edited May 2014 in EggHead Forum
Hey

I ordered a Small nest, Tel-tru Thermo, and a small cooking grate from the BGE retail store. It came today and when I opened the the box I was a little surprised on what I found.

I find it embarrassing for the BGE and a little disrespectful for them to treat over $200 dollars or product that I ordered.

What do y'all think? Have y'all ever had this happen?

Note this is exactly how it was when I opened the box. The box was about 2x2x2 ft square and had a few handfuls of packing peanuts in it. 

Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE, MiniMax, Blackstone

Comments

• Crimsongator
    Crimsongator Posts: 5,797
    Options
    I am surprised about this and think it was a shipping oversight. I would contact them, with the pic and would be surprised if you don't get an apology. Was the thermo damaged?
  • Gator_Man
    Gator_Man Posts: 138
    Options
    I'm also surprised but only if there was any damage!!!!! If no damage what is the problem???

I'm from North Carolina summer and Okeechobee Florida winter.

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Ordered my mini ci grid, it was fine. No damage no problem, they could have given you more peanuts...just more messy and wasteful IMO.
    Seattle, WA
  • Jeffroe189
    Options
    They could have just left the peanuts out altogether it's not like they where doing anything. I guess I'm just annoyed. To me it looks like some one doing there job half ass. I don't think it looks good for the BGE.
  • Jeffroe189
    Options

I am surprised about this and think it was a shipping oversight. I would contact them, with the pic and would be surprised if you don't get an apology. Was the thermo damaged?

As far as I could tell it was ok. I have not used it yet. I built the nest last night and it was fine also. Just someone being lazy. There is to much of that now days.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    call them and ask for the rest of the peanuts
    :))
    :):D
    im not really understanding how this ruined your day
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    that is a bit surprising as I literally just ordered a cover for my cooking island and a XL table nest.......both of these items are essentially bullet proof and needed little protection, especially the cover......however, they came in one box that had so many shipping peanuts in it that I had to dig around to even find my order.
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • Jeffroe189
    Options

call them and ask for the rest of the peanuts
    :))
    :):D
    im not really understanding how this ruined your day

It did not ruin my day at all. I actually laughed when I opened the box.

I was although a little annoyed with the fact they sent over $200 dollars of product to me like this. It would have ruined my day if the thermo was busted from the nest flopping on it during shipping.
  • Jeffroe189
    Options
    msloan said:

that is a bit surprising as I literally just ordered a cover for my cooking island and a XL table nest.......both of these items are essentially bullet proof and needed little protection, especially the cover......however, they came in one box that had so many shipping peanuts in it that I had to dig around to even find my order.

Maybe this was just an accident. Who knows maybe the thought they had finished packing it and taped it up.
  • msloan
    msloan Posts: 399
    Options
    Maybe this was just an accident. Who knows maybe the thought they had finished packing it and taped it up.
    i hope you are right.....i understand wanting your item you paid for protected...i'm the same way.  i order alot of music gear and most of it is very delicate so I am used to very protective shipping methods.
    gettin lucky in kentucky!   2 XL eggs!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,889
    Options
    This didn't come from BGE, but from GE. I think the packer might be a brother to the guy who packed your stuff. Obviously no concept on fitting the item to be shipped with the proper sized box...let alone the wasted postage!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options

XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Send it back and tell them to put more peanuts in. Hell they're in Georgia tell 'em to put real peanuts in, not those fake ones. I guess I double clutched on the post button.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • Jeffroe189
    Options
    I sent them an email last night with a picture. I have not heard anything back from them.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Biggreenpharmacist Posts: 4,341
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Seems that maybe they emptied the remaining contents of a package of peanuts and got distracted and just forgot to open new pack and fill it up. We're all human and shizz happens but if nothing was damaged, no harm no foul. I'd just be pissed there was no bubble wrap to stomp on and scare the kids.

Little Rock, AR