Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Finally

FarbuckFarbuck Posts: 276
After an exhausting 6 weeks, I finally cooked something the little missus thought was great.  Not too salty, not too dry, not too spicy, just right.

It was cedar-palnked salmon.

The most basic technique - soak the cedar for 4 hours, coat the salmon with EVOO, salt and pepper and cook raised direct at 400 degrees.  Took the fish off at about 135 and it was perfect.

Two Large Eggs; Too Little Time

Newtown Square, PA

Comments

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,983
    Home run
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mattman3969Mattman3969 Posts: 7,950
    Salmon is my favorite fish. Nice job!!

-----------------------------------------

2008 -Large BGE. 2013- Small BGE and 2015 - Mini. Henderson, Ky.
  • jllbmsjllbms Posts: 381
    Welcome aboard!
    Kemah, TX
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Had salmon tonight myself. Family's favorite.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,353
    Huzzah!

• tjosbornetjosborne Posts: 527
    You just cannot beat that! Wow, great job.
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • tjosbornetjosborne Posts: 527
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,840
    Simplicity wins in this guy's book. Nicely done.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 8,299
    Far Out Farbuck!
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
  • tksmoketksmoke Posts: 776
    Very nice!!  There is nothing like fresh salmon on the egg!!  Makes me homesick for AK.  One of the lodges I flew for just contacted me.  I would go back in a heartbeat, but for the things we do for love... 
    Santa Paula, CA
  • plumbfir01plumbfir01 Posts: 719
    good job farbuck! you will start to learn it. Takes time and especially with the egg, tastes are different and seasonings must be adjusted accordingly. 
    Beaufort, SC
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 16,231
    Most eggcellent-welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  And +1 on @plumbfir01 above.
    Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer.  
  • SearatSearat Posts: 80
    Very happy for your win. Salmon plank is a weekly occurrence when it's in season at my house. I usually do it at the end of a cook after the smoke is pretty much gone. That might work for you  in your situation after you do a low and slow for yourself.