Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mother's Day Egging

Options
DMW
DMW Posts: 13,832
Planned to have my folks over for supper yesterday. Put an almost 5 lb bolar roast on about 6:30AM for pulled beef on the XL. Let the PartyQ hold things steady.

Came home from church and got the small going for some cedar planked salmon and asparagus. However, not enough room for the asparagus once I put the plank on raised direct. So that was done on the gasser. Took a few tries to get it started. I don't think it has been used for anything but a storage unit since last Halloween when I used it for a warming table.

Mid-afternoon I get a text from my sister wondering if we wanted to come over. I invited them, but they weren't up to going anywhere, so I called an audible and finished the beef in a crock pot when I pulled it after the braise. Mom was happy as well since she fot to spend the evening with more of her family. I also did Cen-Tex's pickled red onions from his barbacoa post. I could sit and eat those all by themselves.

I also got to spend some quality time with my youngest and last nephew. Great day all in all.
They/Them
Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,954
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Really nice work!  

+1 on Yuengling Light - my favorite light beer.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    How do you like that Logitech? I have sonos in the house now I need something for the outside
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• DMW
    Options
    @grege345‌ It's good, not great. They have a larger one that has better bass, but it works fine for me. I got it from Woot for cheap.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • grege345
    Options
    @DMW just saw sonos makes it ez to hook to my current home stereo that is hooked up to my outdoor speakers. Good bye 349$ :-O

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    edited May 2014
    Options
    That was a good looking cook DMW. I cooked 19 ribeyes on my large. I had to do it in stages. I so need another egg. 

I didn't get any pics of the cook, but I tried to do a clean burn after the cook (it didn't work out), and I did snap a pic of that! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • DMW
    Options
    @johnkitchens‌ That backyard with the pool looks amazing!
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @johnkitchens‌
    Brother that's a mighty nice outdoor area you have there. The columns in front of the pool are an exceptionally nice touch. That's impressive all the way around my friend.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• grege345
    Options
    @johnkitchens‌ your new name is @johnbackyards

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Thank you so much guys. I give all of the credit to my wife. The whole plan was her, and the architects, design. I just rolled with it. 

Our house was built in 1890 so we have had a lot of fun doing projects! 

• eggLaTech
    eggLaTech Posts: 28
    Options
    Beuatiful place. Love old houses. They don't make em like that anymore.
    Baton Rouge, La - I'm going to quit procrastinating.......starting tomorrow.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    @eggLaTech Thanks!

• Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    DMW - Forgive my ignorance, whats a bolar roast???
    Looks good!
    Your series looks great also..
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @DMW‌
    As always your food looks spot on brother.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Looks awesome as usual. But, I'm in the same boat as @Durangler‌...what is a "bolar roast"?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Edit: Never mind Googled it :)) nicely done @DMW‌
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL