Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What are y'all cooking for Mother's Day?

Options
2»

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,571
    Options
    I am doing Beef ribs and will be using this recipe..http://www.nibblemethis.com/2010/09/beef-back-ribs-aka-dino-bones.html
    We had a horrendous thunder storm just as I was firing up the Egg..However the end product was awesome..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Jeffroe189
    Jeffroe189 Posts: 273
    Options
    This was our Mothers Day meal.
    Jeff from Winston-Salem, NC  - LBGE, MiniMax, Blackstone
  • sumoconnell
    sumoconnell Posts: 1,932
    Options
    Shits! I better go get some hooch... swmbo needs a Mexican martini on mom's day, and I just polished it off. Austin doesn't sell liquor on Sundays, but beer and md 20/20 is not a problem(?). I'll do steaks, Brussel sprouts, and... Mexican martinis.

Great cook @Jeffroe189‌ !
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I hate those "blue laws". 

Here in New Orleans, I can buy Kentucky Bourbon at a day care center on Sunday morning, pour it in a cup and walk around the French Quarter smoking a cigar.  Just don't pee in public.
    Options
    A box of Costco lobster tails !
  • jllbms
    jllbms Posts: 381
    Options
    Flank steak pinwheels. First time ever, here goes!
    Kemah, TX
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    Home ground burgers (chuck, brisket and pork). Going to stuff them with blue cheese or other sigh bacon crumbled throughout.

Garnerville, NY
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    Mother's Day Eggstravaganza includes clams, St. Louis cut ribs and cedar planked salmon. For the mother of my children and her mother. Pics to follow in a separate post. But first, kids will help me make lemon ricotta pancakes (not on egg).
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    GFU requested ribs!!!  Quite a pleasant surprise, as it's been diet time here - mainly chicken, veggies and seafood.  Going to do Turbo Baby Backs.
    Santa Paula, CA
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited May 2014
    Options
    @Wolfpack‌
    Yes sir . We fabricated the umbilicals, risers and the mainline. The PLET'S were fabricated in Houston and shipped here via barge. Hadrian South mainline sits in just a little over 7,000 feet of water. It ties into Anadarko's floating platform LUCIUS. You can google and get general info on the project if interested. The spooling is what's beyond amazing. That can be viewed by googling Technip Deep Blue Spooling Ship. Hope every one has a safe and happy Mothers Day.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Waffles, no egg involved. We are going to son's house for brunch. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • dagriller
    dagriller Posts: 74
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Wings and burgers, still getting to know the new AR.image
    LBGE Johns Creek, GA
  • mmundy81
    mmundy81 Posts: 36
    Options
    Here are some pics of the final product. It went on the xl at 235 at 10:30 Saturday night. It came off at about 1:30 Sunday afternoon at an IT of about 194, at which point it was pretty loose and pliable, for a couple hours of FTC. I do a lot of brisket, and have done srf before, and this is probably my best work to date. I do, however, suck at photography, so these iPhone pics don't do it justice.