Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bigger Rack

StlEggGuy
StlEggGuy Posts: 11
edited May 2014 in Desserts
Hi. Is there a taller rack that will allow these sugar cones to stand upright? Tried them in the BGE jalapeno rack but it is too short. See in the pics how the cones lean. They have peanut butter inside, then a marshmallow with two Hershey bar pieces on either side. I may drop a Hershey baking morsel in the bottom of the cone for the next time. Super easy dessert. Think I got it from the forum but honestly can't remember. Thanks!

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited May 2014
    Take a regular aluminum pie pan.Make X slits & bend inward to allow the waffle cone to sit upright and get to making those Smores. I had that BGE jalapeno holder for like one day. I didn't care for it one bit (peppers kept falling & much preferred cutting in half to make ABT boats). Give it a whirl and see whatcha think.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited May 2014
    StlEggGuy said:
    Hi. Is there a taller rack that will allow these sugar cones to stand upright? 

Weber makes this one and several more that are even larger and they all can be picked up at Walmart. Looks like a mighty fine dessert there brother.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• StlEggGuy

Take a regular aluminum pie pan.Make X slits & bend inward to allow the waffle cone to sit upright and get to making those Smores. I had that BGE jalapeno holder for like one day. I didn't care for it one bit (peppers kept falling & much preferred cutting in half to make ABT boats). Give it a whirl and see whatchia think.

Thanks, great idea!

• StlEggGuy
    StlEggGuy said:

Take a regular aluminum pie pan.Make X slits & bend inward to allow the waffle cone to sit upright and get to making those Smores. I had that BGE jalapeno holder for like one day. I didn't care for it one bit (peppers kept falling & much preferred cutting in half to make ABT boats). Give it a whirl and see whatchia think.

Thanks, great idea!

I also prefer my abt's cut like yours. There is a new chipotle cream cheese by Philadelphia you should try if you haven't yet.

• SGH

Here is my personal favorite by Weber that can be purchased at Walmart for about 10 bucks.

Because of the rails on the bottom you can set it on bricks or what ever else to elevate it even higher if the need arises. Its a great rack for the money. Hope this helps my friend. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• StlEggGuy
    SGH said:

StlEggGuy said:

Hi. Is there a taller rack that will allow these sugar cones to stand upright? 

Weber makes this one and several more that are even larger and they all can be picked up at Walmart. Looks like a mighty fine dessert there brother.

Thanks! I appreciate you sending the picture. I will be looking for this.
  • SGH
    You are more than welcome my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• StlEggGuy
    SGH said:

Here is my personal favorite by Weber that can be purchased at Walmart for about 10 bucks.

Because of the rails on the bottom you can set it on bricks or what ever else to elevate it even higher if the need arises. Its a great rack for the money. Hope this helps my friend. 

Like it and I can put even more on this one. Thanks.

• NPHuskerFL
    StlEggGuy said:

StlEggGuy said:

Thanks, great idea!

I also prefer my abt's cut like yours. There is a new chipotle cream cheese by Philadelphia you should try if you haven't yet.

Not sure what area ya live in. But, I actually made my own with Philadelphia CC and Publix sells this Chipotle mustard right where the cheese is sold. I mix the two together along with a touch of Worcestershire and it's killer!

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Edit: here is the Chipotle mustard I have been using.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014