Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Cedar planked salmon and sous vide lamb chops

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,321
No cooking pics but I did the salmon on cedar planks on the grid. Then I pulled, raised the temp and put the AR in with the indirect piece. Drizzled som Hollandaise sauce on the fish and  let it convection cook. Then pulled the AR and put the medium CI in the spider (cause I don't like Atlantic salmon) and dropped in some 3 hour sous vide lamb chops.

imageimageimage

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Comments

• J_QueJ_Que Posts: 203
    Nice looking chops LS. What temp?
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me.
    ·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,977
    Very nicely done. Did you SV the hollandaise sauce too? The chops with mint sauce look killer.

Who knew you could cook? :D

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 5,453
    Great looking cook Steve. What's the green sauce. On my phone, it looks like pulsed herbs in a butter sauce. Mint?

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

·
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 4,660
    Nice cooks there.  Your chops look better than my SV leg of lamb that was almost mushy after 133F/5h   :\">
    canuckland
    ·
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,392
    Looks great. Which sous vide do you use?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

·
  • pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,189
    Nice looking cook , the only thing I would change next time is I would use better quality lamb
    Toronto
    ·
  • johnmitchelljohnmitchell Posts: 2,379
    Man o Man that is my kinda food..Awesome cook..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Excelerate....
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,321
    J_Que said:
    Nice looking chops LS. What temp?
    For the salmon about 400*, the lamb was done on the medium CI down in the spider...hot

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Great looking cook Steve. What's the green sauce. On my phone, it looks like pulsed herbs in a butter sauce. Mint?
    It's a British mint sauce that comes in a jar Freddie, it's less sweet than the normal
     bottled stuff and has more mint.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Cymbaline65Cymbaline65 Posts: 799
    So what was the time/temp for the chops in the SV? Looks delicious.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
    ·
    3 hours + at 120*

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    edited May 2014
    caliking said:
    Very nicely done. Did you SV the hollandaise sauce too? The chops with mint sauce look killer.

Who knew you could cook? :D

No, I whisked some egg yolks and lemon juice over a pan of simmering water and drizzled In hot clarified butter. Added a bit of cayenne. B-)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Cymbaline65Cymbaline65 Posts: 799
    3 hours + at 120*
    They look perfect, thanks.
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
    ·
    grege345 said:
    Looks great. Which sous vide do you use?

Polyscience pro. Overkill for a home cook but I didn't want something with the tank I had to store.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Nice looking cook , the only thing I would change next time is I would use better quality lamb
    Yeah it wasn't the best but the dogs really liked it B-)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,189
    I would prefer off colored salmon but hey , thats just me
    Toronto
    ·