Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Size Upgrade

Options
I have the opportunity to upgrade from a Large to an XL.....any thoughts?

Comments

• SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    Options
    I went from a mini to a large....wife loves it. Put yourself in her shoes \m/
    Seattle, WA
  • Adamd
    Adamd Posts: 160
    Options
    Trust me you can't go wrong.

I am currently using a small and for about a month or so I get to use a Large and the increase in size is so welcome in every way. 

Sure the large to XL is not as big of a change from a small to a large, but I still think you should jump to an XL if given the chance!!. 
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Doo ittttt
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    get it.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Depends. Do you NEED an XL? If I had that opportunity, I would probably pass. My large is more than enough FOR WHAT I COOK (and how much). And I know how it cooks.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• jmarbs21
    jmarbs21 Posts: 139
    Options
    I'd say go for it, I have a large and just purchased this weekend an xl! I've only had my large for a few months, is their a rehab for eggheads? I'm addicted!
    Durham, NC
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,893
    Options
    Other issues to consider ...you swapping with neighbor or relative or what? Giving up a warranty on your large? Getting a new warranty with the XL? And as others questioned - do you need it?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Durangler
    Durangler Posts: 1,122
    Options
    Yes. I enjoy the versatility. You don't have to fill the fire box to the fire ring to achieve 8 to 10 hour cooks. I just did 2 3# chuck roasts yesterday. Used 2 fire bricks to reduce the amount of lump. Sure you can "filler up" & reuse I burned lump. I made a reducing ring also. All eggs are versital, true. If you have the need, do it. image
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ