Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My Egg has peaked my interest

I know lots of folks here prolly don't prefer talking about other types or brands of outdoor cookers but I have become very interested in all forms of cooking BBQ since becoming an owner of my XL Egg. I have only grilled on a gas(LP) grill until owning the Egg. Never tried anything else. Anyway, I catch myself eyeballing the Yoder Smokers website quite often lately and really have the itch for an offset stick burner like their Kingman or Durango models. I even look @ custom competition stick burners quite often on the web and think that building one would be a nice way to obtain one too. I will always own and use my XL Egg but just really would like the experience of running the stick burner. How many of you folks run other pits besides your Eggs? ... just curious because I guess I'm feeling somewhat guilty about possibly neglecting my Egg.
My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax

Comments

• Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Don't feel guilty! I think everyone here has a passion for cooking and as it's being discussed on another thread, the grill is just a tool for said cooking. I'm planning a rf build too. I want something that I can take to work, block parties etc and cook for 10-20 people at once. The egg is great but I can't weld it to a trailer! Plus I love building stuff and I can't wait for the challenge of smoking with whole logs! Here's a pic of my project-- it's 500 gallons! So I'll likely cut it down from 10 feet to maybe 7.5 to curb some of the costs and weight. There are plans for them on smokerbuilder.net and plenty of examples on the smokering.comimage
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    @sgh has a bunch of cookers- when he sees I'm sure he can provide some useful info.
    Greensboro, NC
  • RickyBobby
    RickyBobby Posts: 744
    @Jeremiah‌ ~ Looks like you have a start to a great project! I need to find something similar but really think I'd be happier with something I can bring home and immediately start cooking on.
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax