Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Can't Fix Stupid...

hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
Monsoon here yesterday. We had almost 7in of rain. Lots of flooding in the usual places...

Our town is really good about putting barriers up when the roads are flooded. That said, you can't keep stupid people at bay forever.

This woman moved the barriers to attempt this fjord crossing... She had to be rescued. I got there after she was taken away with her dog. Nice way to wreck a BMW.

And now that the waters receded somewhat, I'm just chilling...

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Wow!
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Lol. What town was that pic of the bmw taken?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    grege345 said:

Lol. What town was that pic of the bmw taken?

Downingtown LOL
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 9,058
    Damn, I have no idea why someone would even risk it.  Beyond stupid.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    I have a friend in Westchester. He said it was bad there

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Monty77Monty77 Posts: 653
    "Common sense" is not so common anymore, poor Beemer!  
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, Digi Q DX2, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/
  • BayaradBayarad Posts: 308
    That's crazy I wouldn't drive my jeep with 21 inch wheels through that! Must've been a one day shoe sale at the local Macy's!
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 13,959
    She should have had what this guy has:

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 10,685
    Nice choice of Bourbon Hap!
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• buzd504buzd504 Posts: 2,471
    Damn.

+1 on the bourbon choice.
    NOLA
  • uheepuheep Posts: 63
    hapster, you are a great reporter in the field...Keep it up.
    North Georgia ~ Large BGE~Charbroil Outdoor Fryer~Big Chief Smoker~All Done
    With A Touch Of Classic Rock
  • stemc33stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Haha. When I was stationed in Texas we would see the same stuff. @hapster‌, you are absolutely right. You can't fix stupid.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • otterotter Posts: 282
    Hey Hap, please fill me in on your S Steel table. I've been looking in the Lem catalog at a SS table w/ folding legs, it's $300.00, didn't want to spend that much.. Thx
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    edited May 2014
    otter said:
    Hey Hap, please fill me in on your S Steel table. I've been looking in the Lem catalog at a SS table w/ folding legs, it's $300.00, didn't want to spend that much.. Thx

• otterotter Posts: 282
    Thanks
    Pure Michigan
    Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE
  • tulocaytulocay Posts: 1,737
    Stupid is as stupid does!
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 8,299
    I had no idea you lived so close to a white water rafting river. Wow - incredible amount of rain. You were well equipped to "enjoy" natures show, a good beverage and a good stick. 
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
  • tkleagertkleager Posts: 539
    Apparently they don't know about TADD.

No Name City, just between Scottsbluff and Mitchell, NE   Crown!  More Crown!
    Egg: 1 Large with 18" BGE CI Grid, Plate Setter, Lg V-Rack
    Maverick ET-73 and Bear Paws
    Eggheads Everywhere Map
    Eggheads Everywhere Stat Sheet
    Barbecue is the answer, but while you’re waiting for the answer, sex raises some pretty good questions. – Woody Allen
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 6,155
    Teens Against Drinking & Driving takes on a whole new meaning  :D
    canuckland
  • gmacgmac Posts: 1,700
    You need a life jacket for that Egg, just in case.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • plumbfir01plumbfir01 Posts: 719
    we lived in lancaster for a couple years and we had a few memorable floods that did terrible damage. Hummelstown lost several restuarants and old historic buildings and it was quite a memory for my wife and I. Stay safe and enjoy the peace
    Beaufort, SC
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 5,134

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    That's kinda like to people who drive around rail road crossings. I guess barricades are optional for some folks.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 5,134
    TUTTLE871 said:
    That's kinda like to people who drive around rail road crossings. I guess barricades are optional for some folks.
    Guilty....... :D

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 10,685
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• CharlesmaneriCharlesmaneri Posts: 1,295
    JohnInCarolina now that takes the cake !!!!
    2 Large Eggs and a Mini 2 Pit Bulls and a Pork shoulder or butt nearby and 100% SICILIAN
    Long Island N.Y.
  • bbqlearnerbbqlearner Posts: 760
    @JohnInCarolina Hope people doesn't actually do that

Houston, TX - Buddy LBGE, Don SBGE, Tiny Mini & Shiny Momma Pitts n Spitts

• GK59GK59 Posts: 501
    Dumber than a box of rocks!

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI