Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT gun raffle

Options
Well once again it's time for the Denton Volunteer Fire Company gun bash(Eastern Shore of Maryland). It will be held on May 17, 2014 at the firehouse. We will be giving away 29 guns and an ATV. The cost of the tickets is $40. We are selling tickets locally or they can be purchased through paypal using our website. The web address is dentonvfc.com When using paypal to make a payment to us it will show as a donation to the fire company. Think taxes.

I do realize that most of you that will be reading this do not live in the area. We have talked to the gun dealer and if you were to buy and ticket and not live in the area the gun could be shipped at your expense. Also it would have to go to an FFL and you would be on the hook for those expenses also. But if you are local and win there are no fees to pick it up at the gun dealer in Queen Ann MD.

Please help support us as this is our biggest fundraiser of the year. If you have been to it before we hope to see back and please bring a friend.

It you have any questions please ask. I will attach an image of the list of guns.

Comments

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    That is a nice list. My son is begging for a Benelli. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • Firemanyz
    Firemanyz Posts: 907
    Options
    @johnkitchens‌ you should see the price tag for all those guns. Also I forgot to mention in the post earlier that it is limited to 1000 tickets #000 to #999. We use three sets of lottery balls and draw three numbers out.
  • Jaymet73
    Jaymet73 Posts: 24
    Options
    I live in the area does the 40 bucks include food or anything at the bash?
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    What kind of ATV is it? I love a 4 wheeler.

• Firemanyz
    Options
    @Jaymet73‌ yes the price includes entry into the event and all the food (a few hundred pounds of smoked beef and a few hundred pounds of chicken) and beer you can handle. Maybe this would be my chance to have the company buy an XXL egg to cook it on instead of the large stick burner. We would love to have you at the bash if you can make it. If you need tickets please contact me or just stop by the firehouse to pick up a ticket. Hope to see you there.

@johnkitchens‌ it is a yamaha grizzly 350

Thanks guys for the questions if anyone else has any please ask.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    When you purchase through your website do you get your ticket number?

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Firemanyz, I just sent my donation. I'm happy to support you all. A little bit different kind of fireworks than I see at my local fireman's carnival. ;)
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    @johnkitchens‌ no you don't get the number right then. The administrator of the paypal account will pull a ticket and fill in your information. She will remove the bottom stub for us to keep and send a receipt and the top half of the ticket to you in the mail.

@Eggcelsior‌ I know your in the state of Maryland. You should attend hat day if you can. It is always a great time and lots of fun. We normally start cooking the beef @ 8 or 9 the night before. No BBQ guru's can be used on the stick smoker so this makes for a long but fun night if your on the same page as me. Either way thank you and hope to see you. If you do come just tell them you are looking for YZ.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I saw Denton and the first thing I thought of was the city just up the road from Dallas (where Tom and Ceramic Grill Store is located). Wish I could help, but its just not in the funds right now, although that is a very impressive list of prizes. Would you ship the ATV down to Texas if I won? LOL.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Firemanyz
    edited April 2014
    Options
    @griffin to ship the ATV to Texas may just cost us all the profit we stand to make. I think CGS needs to open a second facility here in Denton MD and I'll run it for them. Then no matter what denton people look up they will always find the CGS.