Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Quick brisket question ..

I am cooking brisket overnight . I have a digi q and am thinking of cooking at 200 until morning Is that to low ??
Toronto

Comments

• DMWDMW Posts: 11,315
    Yep, too low. Lowest I would start at is 225* grid temp, then adjust as needed in the morning based on current status.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 9,043
    What time are you trying to eat, what is the weight, and what is your target completion time?

I roll 250 overnight, but I don't put anything on until after midnight.  
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,191
    The last one I did was at 210 and it was the best
    Toronto
    The last one I did was at 210 and it was the best
    Then why change from what worked best "for you"?   :-?
    I want to go to bed soon , Not sure the weight of it and hoping to eat at 6 tomorrow
    Toronto
    If it isn't broken, then don't fix it. Several ways to get it done so just go with what's worked for you in the past.
    Your right ( hangs head in shame)
    Toronto
  • Pantry....I am with you on the low and slow.....I always start out at 215 and after about 12 hours, bump the temp up.......I never sauce the meat and most people eat it without adding any sauce

Pantry....I am with you on the low and slow.....I always start out at 215 and after about 12 hours, bump the temp up.......I never sauce the meat and most people eat it without adding any sauce

Start low, bump or steady isn't going to make any difference. I'm in the strong and steady camp and sauce doesn't come near my brisket unless we're making chop.