Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two Butts! Simple stuff...

MaskedMarvel
MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,141
edited April 2014 in EggHead Forum
Hello friends,

Cooking for a little pre-shift work buddy chow. Love that pork shoulders are on sale for $1.30/lbs at Harris Teeter.

Varied my standard rub to make it more spicy by adding cayenne. It's low salt and brown sugar, high garlic and pepper. Should make for some crunchy chewy spicy bark. I can't wait.

Burning off all my excess wood and some old lump. There's at least Rockwood and Fogo in there. Lots of mesquite, hickory, and cherry wood. I like the smoke.

The whole neighborhood is college kids. And they're all drunk and woo wooing as they stumble by and smell the BGE lol.

Running it at 200* max all night. When I get up I'll bump to 300* until the bone pulls freely around 195*. FTC until work and shred at the restaurant.

Standard NC sauce of a tablespoon light brown sugar, tablespoon red pepper flakes, and fill the squeeze bottle up with apple cider vinegar. Meat goes on the cheapest most plain bun I can buy with a little slaw.

The simple cooks really make me some of the happier meals. I have great coworkers and bosses. It's so cool that they all compliment the food and bring sides when I do this. Really looking forward to tomorrow.

Thanks for reading!
8-Damien

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    And what time is lunch?
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,569
    I hope those drunk college kids stick to just woo wooing, and don't pinch your butt...Looks great..Enjoy.
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364

Lookin' good MM

Appreciation potluck at work earlier this week on our floor(Neuro and Onc).  All kinds of good grub, and a morale booster in a stressful environment.  The positive feedback is nice for something so simple.  Was even asked to cater co-workers' joint graduation party for their sons.  Not sure if this is a good thing.  Want to help out, but pulling and sifting through more than two butts sucks.

Have fun and enjoy tamara. :)   

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• GeorgeS
    GeorgeS Posts: 955
    Looks good! Love to cook for people at work. Food brings people together! It's nice to slow the pace at work and enjoy some good food together.
    Bristow Virginia XL&Mini One of the best feelings in life is watching other people enjoy the food I cooked!
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    I bet that was fantastic. Can't believe the 1618 crowd isn't cooking on Eggs by now!

I finally pulled the trigger on my 2 swing grates (large and small). I really like them. Thanks for the nudge.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,141
    Hi54putty said:

I bet that was fantastic. Can't believe the 1618 crowd isn't cooking on Eggs by now!

I finally pulled the trigger on my 2 swing grates (large and small). I really like them. Thanks for the nudge.

So good, I forgot to take pics. Dammit.

That swing grate stays in the egg. Next to the spider, and the Maverick, and maybe the thermapen, it may be my FAVOURITE accessory.

Lemme know When you're headed back to greensboro. Let's get a beer.
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873

Hi54putty said:

So good, I forgot to take pics. Dammit.

That swing grate stays in the egg. Next to the spider, and the Maverick, and maybe the thermapen, it may be my FAVOURITE accessory.

Lemme know When you're headed back to greensboro. Let's get a beer.
    Will do. I'm over there all the time.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC