Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Guy Fieri's New Cook Book Coming Out Soon

Options
dlk7
dlk7 Posts: 1,053

Guy on Fire
(Signed Book)

Food Network star and bestselling author Guy Fieri takes it outdoors with this smart, practical cookbook filled with recipes for meals, drinks, and more. Loaded with advice on equipment, make-ahead plans, and practical tips, Guy on Fire provides all the tools you need for an outdoor feast. Pre-order a hardcover copy now, signed by Guy Fieri.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Available 05/06/2014

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

Comments

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    It's like a map to get you to Flavortown! 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• bicktrav
    bicktrav Posts: 640
    Options
    I don't mind him too much, but the NY Times review of his Times Square restaurant was unbelievable.  Never read such a scathing review.  If you haven't seen it look it up; it's unreal.  Also, here's a pretty great parody of a Guy Fieri menu...

Southern California
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    bicktrav said:
    I don't mind him too much, but the NY Times review of his Times Square restaurant was unbelievable.  Never read such a scathing review.  If you haven't seen it look it up; it's unreal.  Also, here's a pretty great parody of a Guy Fieri menu...

I haven't seen the NYT review, but I was there with my family last year and I'm guessing my reviewing would probably have been similar. Service was terrible, food was slightly below average. Again, did I mention the service was terrible, no below terrible.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Can't stand fieddie. Won't watch his shows and will certainly never set foot in his restaurant - or buy his cookbook.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    The menu is hilarious. Football: The Meal

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Big_Green_Craig
    Options
    I was watching an episode of Guy's Big Bite. He pulled out a bottle Liquid Smoke and I shut it off. 
  • HendersonTRKing
    Options
    The NYT review actually was a great read.  Got right to the heart of the matter and did it in an incredibly entertaining way -- asking pointed questions to GF about the experience at his new place.  I'm sure the restaurant does gangbuster business in spite of (or maybe partially because of) the review.  Not everyone has the refined taste and sensibilities of those of us who choose to worship at the altar of the egg!

Here's a link to the review, FWIW:

It's a 302 thing . . .
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,974
    Options
    Times Square is one of the worst places in NY for food. There is a Shake Shack close by though...
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Times Square is one of the worst places.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• SenecaTheYounger
    SenecaTheYounger Posts: 368
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Liquid Smoke is a shortcut, sure.  But the claims (which I am not saying you made, just that others have) that it is artificial flavoring and all "chemicals" (gasp!) are baseless.   It is nothing more than smoke collected in a controlled environment through condensing, mixed with more water to make a colloid.

If you use the dryer vent method for generating cold smoke, you'll end up with a lot of liquid smoke in the vent itself (if it is laying flat).  It's too pungent to consider using, and I think the makers of liquid smoke actually control the condensation process a bit more to limit any bitterness, almost like distillers do.

I wouldn't use it myself, if I am making barbecue for example.  But if someone wanted a hit of smoke in some recipe, and wasn't able to actually smoke it, they should be more comfortable knowing it isn't a synthetic flavor additive.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Copia ciborum subtilitas impeditur

Seneca Falls, NY

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Hmmm ... I've eaten @ his restaurant. Pretty darn good. I'd go back in a heartbeat.
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I like diners drives and drive ins. Not for him but the places he visits and the cooks. I don't watch his personal cooking stuff tho
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Ktim
    Ktim Posts: 364
    Options
    Never been there but would love to try it.
  • gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    I got one of his cook books as a Christmas present a couple years ago.  I haven't opened it.
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • pantsypants
    pantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Options
    I cant take a guy with his goatee, hair  and shirts all that serious .
    Toronto
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    grege345 said:
    I like diners drives and drive ins. Not for him but the places he visits and the cooks. I don't watch his personal cooking stuff tho
    Yeah, I like the concept. If only I could watch it without HIM!! 

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut