Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lamb, it's Greek to me !

Options
We got a new Whole Foods in town. They had some nice lamb shanks, and I thought I would try them on the Egg. Got a  Greek recipe off a website called Kalofagas (great Greek food site). Braised Lamb shanks and beans. Used an enameled Lodge brasier uncovered 2 and a half hours at 350.  Amazing

Comments

• R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Looks great! Reminds me that I have some shanks in the freezer that I need to cook. I'll need to check out that site.
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,581
    Options
    Thats looks great... Funny last week on the forum I read about that site and was blown away with the recipe's. I ordered a CI dutch oven which I received yesterday. I am planning to do the slow roasted leg of lamb this weekend. Your lamb looks awesome ..Congratulations..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • keepervodeflame
    Options
    If it is the slow roast lamb on that web site, I have cooked it and  it is amazing. The recipes all use a covered duchy In the Egg, which is already covered, I only use the bottom half of my lodge brasier and cook it uncovered. Comes out great. Just flip sides up in the middle of the cook. Good luck.