Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Easter Prime Rib

JRWhitee
JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
Best Prime Rib I have made yet. Thanks @SGH and @Skiddymarker

Saturday I Trimmed up a 16lb. USDA Choice Rib Roast, rubbed with Kosher salt, wrapped and refrigerated for 24 hours today I made a paste with fresh garlic, thyme, rosemary, kosher salt and cracked pepper, tied up the roast and brushed on the paste. Got Egg to 225 with 2 jack daniels oak pieces and a handful of cherry chips. the roast  hit 125 at the 2-1/2 hour mark. Let it rest on a rack for 15 minutes flipped it and tented it for another 20 minutes, carved and ate. Put the meat trimmings in the drip pan and used the drippings for the Au Jus. Perfectly cooked to my liking. 

Johns Creek, Georgia

Comments

• =D>
    Well done. Looks awesome. Great idea on the drip pan. This is officially on the list.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    That is cooked to everyone's liking! Eggcelent cook. 

Don't know if it is your style - often cut a roast that size in half. Cook as two pieces - bit easier to handle and you can give them a slightly different seasoning if you want. Great looking roast. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • That looks great JR!

If you have any leftover, might I suggest, blackening a couple of slices.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    That looks great JR!

If you have any leftover, might I suggest, blackening a couple of slices.
    Great idea there is some left.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • Looks EGGcellent!