Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Easter Rolled Brisket

Options
Squalk62
Squalk62 Posts: 5
My first rolled brisket and I have to say it was delicious :).. I went for a rolled brisket this time as it is easier to maximise on flavour the whole way through the meat. 
The brisket was rolled with rosemary, onion, garlic, spices. It was then vacum packed and dry aged for 28 days... 
It was 2.4 KG on weight and it cooked at 220-225 for nearly 12 hours. I slightly smoked it with apple wood and it sat over a water pan of beef broth, red onion and mixed herbs. Even though I was late taking it off the Egg 210 Deg :(..... the Egg is really forgiving as the meat was still reasonably moist. I double wrapped it in extra strong foil with a cup of beef broth added in. Then wraped in cling film to ensure all juices we kept inside. After three hours in the cooler it was absolutely delicious. After 24 hours it's all gone. My 6 and 4 year old loved it. I made a short story board film on the process. Enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyQsts8SyJE&sns=sms

Comments