Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Just doesn't get better

MickeyMickey Posts: 18,688
edited April 2014 in EggHead Forum
Lobel's Prime Tenderloin (free, retirement present). image
Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

Comments

• DMWDMW Posts: 12,304
    You're planning to broil that in the oven til the IT is 175*, right? ;)

That looks really good. I hope when that day arrives I will be thought highly enough by my coworkers to receive such a gift.
    My Facebook Page where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - 18.5" WSM - Gasser - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE - Akron Jr - BS SS36" Griddle
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 18,688
    imageimageimage
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• DMW said:
    You're planning to broil that in the oven til the IT is 175*, right? ;) That looks really good. I hope when that day arrives I will be thought highly enough by my coworkers to receive such a gift.
    I thought you were a boiling man @DMW?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 5,001
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 9,058
    Great job Mickey!! They look fabulous! Which ones do you like better? These or the strips?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    Almost a shame to cook that Mick. I would have sliced it up for carpaccio. Looks good!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

cazzy said:
    Great job Mickey!! They look fabulous! Which ones do you like better? These or the strips?

It's like do you like child A or child B the best. Just outstanding. Have two 2lb porterhouse still to cook before all gone.

• travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 5,001
    Mickey said:

cazzy said:

It's like do you like child A or child B the best. Just outstanding. Have two 2lb porterhouse still to cook before all gone.

Perfect. You and Linda can split one and I get the other. I'll be over at 7.
    Almost a shame to cook that Mick. I would have sliced it up for carpaccio. Looks good!

Just looked it up. You have a point but I still had to get Linda's to 130.

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,983
    Jealous
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • chashanschashans Posts: 418
    $$$!
    LARGE, MINI BGE    SAN DIEGO, CA            An alcoholic with a barbecuing problem.

• NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,866
    That's pure sexy! It's just plain sinful how good that looks. Very nice ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
    Being a Tennessee redneck I had to hit their website. .... Holy mother of pearl. I hope you and Linda ate those naked in a hot tub.
    henapple said:

Being a Tennessee redneck I had to hit their website. .... Holy meother of pearl. I hope you and Linda ate those naked in a hot tub.

[-O< pics or it didn't happen ;-)
    =))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Congrats on your accomplished career and recent retirement. :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Congrats on your accomplished career and recent retirement. :-)

Thank you. Retirement is good.

• henapple said:

Being a Tennessee redneck I had to hit their website. .... Holy meother of pearl. I hope you and Linda ate those naked in a hot tub.

[-O< pics or it didn't happen ;-)
    =))
    Isn't there a "dislike" button? I want to keep hitting it until the vomit taste in my mouth goes away! No offense Mickey.
    Flint, Michigan
    As good as that steak looked...I'd eat it naked with mickey in a hot tub.
    @Fred19Flintstone‌...was JK...lol.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    henapple said:

Lol. That's a darn good looking steak my friend. :-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Check the price on that bad boy...
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,039
    I don't care what you guys do, just as long as nobody posts that pic of henapple with the bacon on his bed again. I don't need that.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT

• @Fred19Flintstone‌...was JK...lol.

Not me bud! :D
    Flint, Michigan
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 10,969
    henapple said:
    I'd eat it off off him... that's some sexy lookin meat ( the beef)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • fusionhqfusionhq Posts: 1,705
    I just checked out their website, and was curious if you can specify the steaks you want. The steak pics you posted look like what I usually buy from fresh market @ $20/lbs. I usually pay about $20 per steak, they're 2" thick. We're yours the 8oz portions? I would like to try some of these in 2"!!
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 9,058
    I don't care what you guys do, just as long as nobody posts that pic of henapple with the bacon on his bed again. I don't need that.

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 11,039
    Son of a beeyotch!!!
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." - NdGT

"The truth is, these are not very bright guys, and things got out of hand." - DT