Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Easter Brisket

Greetings friends,

So lucky to have a coworker take my brunch shift so I can be with family this Easter. Per their request, a simple black pepper and garlic salt rubbed brisket is FTC in the new hot box.

I hope you all are safe and happy today.

8-Damien

imageimage
Large BGE and Medium BGE-- Greensboro!

Comments

• That looks like it'll be pretty tasty. Happy Easter and enjoy the time with your family!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

NW IA

2 LBGE, 1 SBGE, 22.5 WSM, 1 Smokey Joe

• henapplehenapple Posts: 15,825
    What rub did you use?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • MaskedMarvelMaskedMarvel Posts: 1,676
    Ground pepper and garlic salt. :)

Turned out fantastic. No smoke ring. :/

Large BGE and Medium BGE-- Greensboro!

• NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 16,095
    No smoke ring. This article http://www.amazingribs.com/tips_and_technique/mythbusting_the_smoke_ring.html explains it all fairly well provided by @The Cen-Tex Smoker‌ in my thread@Quest For Smoke Penetration. Your brisket looks great regardless of ring or no ring.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL