Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Easter Ham

Options
cortguitarman
cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
Giving Egrets ham a try today. Injected with maple syrup then rubbed with a paste of Jack Daniels, maple syrup, vegetable oil, onion powder, ancho chili powder, salt, pepper, and paprika. Smells awesome.

Smoking with apple chips and cherry chunks.
Mark Annville, PA

Comments

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Sounds like a great meal in the making.

You'll get some naysayers, however, if you don't get a pic or two uploaded.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I think he might be boiling it and doesn't want anyone to know. ;)
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    DMW said:
    I think he might be boiling it and doesn't want anyone to know. ;)
    Well, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt... for now.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    @DMW‌
    He got the boiling idea from me!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• cortguitarman
    Options
    Pics are coming. It's not on the egg yet. Just bringing it up to temp. Smoking at 250.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    Easter breakfast is ready. A little baked oatmeal before church. Didn't egg this because of the ham. I have in the past though.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • cortguitarman
    Options
    Boiling! Next I'll be accused if using a gasser! Lol
    Mark Annville, PA
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Boiling! Next I'll be accused if using a gasser! Lol
    I'm pretty sure that using a gasser would be a step UP from boiling.  :))