Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Grilled Shrimp

Options
Decided to make Grilled Shrimp tonight. I had seen a recent Bobby Flay BBQ episode where he made a great shrimp recipe. It is grilled with a mustard-dill vinegarette and a yogurt-black olive dipping sauce. It was incredible. Here is the link to the recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/grilled-shrimp-skewers-with-mustard-dill-dressing-and-black-olive-yogurt-sauce-recipe.html

I have been trying different ways of cooking shrimp doing both medium and high heat and regular or raised grid. I decided that I like them best cooked at a higher heat with a normal height I cooked these skewers at about 450 for about 2-3 minutes per side. Here are the skewers ready to go . The seasoning is just salt, pepper, and paprika.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

After they come off the Egg, you drizzle with the mustard dill vinegarette.

I served them up with the yogurt-olive sauce and some pan-fried Padron peppers. These are very similar to Shishito peppers if you ever had them. You just sauté them in a hot pan in olive oil until they soften and their skin blisters. Then remove from heat and sprinkle with some coarse salt. They taste outstanding and are always an adventure as one pepper can be mild and the next one can be hot. Here's the plated pic.

These two sauces together are outstanding and I will definitely be making this one again.
Clarendon Hills, IL

Comments

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Options
    The shrimp looks fantastic! The yogurt-olive sauce looks like something I would have to try in person. I'll PM you my address.

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Looks good.  Shrimp cook super quick.  So cook them nuclear so the outside has some character.  The inside will cook if you yell at it.
    Options

Looks good.  Shrimp cook super quick.  So cook them nuclear so the outside has some character.  The inside will cook if you yell at it.

That's funny.

Great cook, man. The sauce combo sounds really good. Bookmarked.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Options
    Nola, that's my conclusion also. Slower cook, they just get chewy Much better when cooked at the high heat.
    Clarendon Hills, IL