Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Friday Night Birthday Dinner

TexanOfTheNorthTexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,917
edited April 2014 in EggHead Forum
First, thanks to @Fishlessman for the inspiration to do the candied easter bombs. They were part of the birthday dinner I fixed tonight. I did them pretty much the same way that he did them but used a brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, ketchup glaze. Also, did not have any oranges to squeeze over before serving. All in all they were fantastic! Served them with some mushroom, bacon, swiss cheese burgers, homemade hotlinks, beans and salad. No plated pics but here are a few shots of everything on the egg.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    Looks awesome!!!
    Happy birthday!
  • Chris_WangChris_Wang Posts: 1,253
    Nice! Happy birthday!

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Thats @hapster and @chris_wang. Like my daughter told me, double-nickels today.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • grege345grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Happy birthday big guy and here's your horoscope in case you missed it today. April 18 Zodiac Being an Aries born on April 18th, you can be defined by a generous and optimistic nature. There is little you would not give to a loved one in need. In fact, you display a generous and giving attitude to everyone you interact with, even complete strangers. Your kindness may be a product of the positivity that defines all aspects of your life. Whether it be a situation, person or experience, you can always find a way to see the bright side. Those closest to you would be the first to admit their appreciation for your optimism. In a cynical world, your optimism is truly refreshing.
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 26,331
    ^ what he said!!

• gmacgmac Posts: 1,702
    My Mom's B-day too.  I offered to take her out for dinner with the family or I could cook something for her here.  She chose ribs.  Did 6 racks of baby backs on the Egg today.  Unfortunately I started taking pics but we ended up eating and cleaning up without a finished shot.
    Happy Birthday!!
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • TUTTLE871TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Happy Bday! Those look awesome! They are on the radar this week since tomorrow I will have a bunch of hard boiled eggs.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,817
    55? Baby! Happy birthday John. I need the recipe for the hot links.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Is it your birthday or Mrs. TOTN?  Either way, the dinner looks awesome!
    Flint, Michigan
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 13,959

Thats @hapster and @chris_wang. Like my daughter told me, double-nickels today.

Daughter? I thought Luanne was your neice...
  • pantsypantspantsypants Posts: 1,191
    Happy birthday John . That looks delicious
    Toronto
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 6,155
    Happy Birthday!  Nice spread but better not show your cardiologist :))
    canuckland
  • Is it your birthday or Mrs. TOTN?  Either way, the dinner looks awesome!
    Mine... but Mrs. TOTN is just a month away now.
    I used @Griffins recipe. For some reason, this batch did not turn out as hot/spicy as the first ones I made last fall. I was making adouille at the same time so, maybe, I got some of the ingredients mixed up or left out.
    Wow everything looks great!!
    Durham, NC
  • Happy Birthday! Those Easter bombs look awesome. What's in them?

Hard boiled egg wrapped in hamburger meat. We were having burgers so I seasoned all of the meat, made my patties and then wrapped the eggs. Then wrapped three strips of bacon around each. Cooked at 400* raised direct for about 1/2 hr. Glazed with a brown sugar, ketchup, apple cider vinegar glaze turning them multiple times.