Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

nOT Stuffed wild Turkey breast wrapped in bacon

Options
plumbfir01
plumbfir01 Posts: 725
I need help with a wild turkey breast idea. I harvested a bird today (tough season, usually tag out by now with 5) and I am thinking of a stuffing of chorizo in Breast then mickeys rub and raised direct... Do i wrap in bacon instead of mickeys rub? Or should I scratch idea and try a sv recipe? Thanks ahead for all your advice...
Beaufort, SC

Comments

• Ospreydog
    Ospreydog Posts: 103
    Options
    My son got one today also, tough season for us to. The way I do is season the breast with your favorite rub, then roll it up as uniform as you can and wrap it in butchers twine. I put it on the egg at 350° raised direct and pull it off at 160° Internal temp. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes with loose foil over the plate then slice and serve. Hope this helps, and congratulations on your bird.
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    I just got one last week.  Cut breast into strips, soaked in buttermilk, dredged in flour and seasoning then fried.  Good stuff.  

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    Options
    thanks @ospreydog
    I like the idea of rolling it up, you think putting something inside the middle (salami/pastrami or something would help?

Beaufort, SC