Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Good Friday? No, Great Friday...

Options
hapster
hapster Posts: 7,503
New day, new cooks, new thread...

Eggs fired up and I will doing a bunch of chicken, followed by the veggies, and finally the octopi for the salad.

Weather looks good, humidor is stocked, and I have ice and libations. Wifi is working and the Bose is charged up...

Pics to follow. Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    right there with you bro. beer in had at noon-thirty, eggs fired up- wings for lunch,  doing a brisket for tomorrow with #1 son later tonight and wok cook in the other for dinner tonight. Eggs will be hot for 24 hrs straight. And I got a new summertime country jam to listen to ;)

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    Great Good Friday back at you..I am just firing up my egg, prepped some centre cut Angus beef back ribs. Plan to do raised, indirect at 250 dome for about 3 hours, with some cherry wood smoke..
    Just cracked my first beer..Life is great in the Carolinas..
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options

Great Good Friday back at you..I am just firing up my egg, prepped some centre cut Angus beef back ribs. Plan to do raised, indirect at 250 dome for about 3 hours, with some cherry wood smoke..

That sounds great. They may need more than 3 hours. Keep them on til they probe tender.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    DMW said:
    That sounds great. They may need more than 3 hours. Keep them on til they probe tender.
    Thanks for that..I will certainly take that advice..
  • hapster
    Options
    Okay... I'm back, BSing with the neighbors and cooking all afternoon. Switched things up a bit... Tito is getting his ass kicked this afternoon.

Tigers game is about to start...

Here are the pics so far...

Lump left after the 12+ hour brisket cook over night. Not too shabby...

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
  • hapster
    Options
    All pictures taken with my daughter's Fisher Price digital camera that she got for her 3rd birthday...

:))
  • hapster
    Options
    Tonight's sunset...

Just had a big plate of the octopus salad with Scoot. Asked if she was full as she was eating slowly; she said "Dad, I'm savorying every bite." Elise is 10...

• johnmitchell
    Options
    You say Fisher Price...Oh **** I went out and uploaded some heavy  
    DMW said:
    Thanks for that..I will certainly take that advice..
    I forgot to post a pic of my Beef Ribs from last night..Thanks DMW for the solid advice on time.I tacked an extra hour on and they were killer. The wife wanted a different baste for a change, so I found a bottle of Panda Express "Orange Sauce"..This was a nice twist..Not the greatest pic but at least I have it documented..  Just put a 5 # Brisket on at 250 dome. so let the games continue.
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    hapster said:

All pictures taken with my daughter's Fisher Price digital camera that she got for her 3rd birthday...

:))

Props to your lil girl and her camera :-)
    Good looking eats there hapster.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Me too!

Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • hapster
    Options

Me too!

That's the best looking counter I've seen in a while. You have all of the important food groups covered. :))