Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thursday Night Brisket, Bourbon, and....

hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
Doing a brisket tonight... Picked up a 13lb Choice packer at Shady Maple. Also picked up a couple of pounds of baby octopus for a big salad tomorrow.

Egg is stable at around 230 dome with oak and the brisket went on a little while ago.

Also picked up a fresh bottle of double oak to see me through as I'm doing this cook super old school, no controller or maverick at all LOL...

**** pics to follow ;)

:))
·

Comments

• DMWDMW Posts: 7,081
    Hmm... Maybe you got the last packer at Shady. I was there this afternoon and all they had were flats. Enjoy.
    My Facebook Place where I document my cooking
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
  • DawnlDawnl Posts: 221
    Sounds great, bring it on!  
    Etobicoke, Ontario, Canada
    ·
  • TonyATonyA Posts: 566
    Love kickin' it old school
    ·
  • DuranglerDurangler Posts: 626
    ooooh!!
    Can't wait for the shi**y pics!
    Hope you had a great trip... looks like you did. "grats!
    XL BGE, 22" Weber Red Head, Fiesta Gasser .... Peoria,AZ
    ·
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,052
    edited April 2014
    @dmv

I think I may have... They were pretty busy at 9am when I got there
    ·
    I just got the email with my pics back from the editor, just let me get a Woodford refill and I'll be posting shortly...

·
  • bicktravbicktrav Posts: 467
    @hapster - How much better is the double Woodford than the standard? I need to but another good bottle, but have been on the fence between the Woodford Double Oak, Dickel Barrel Select and Rowan Creek.
    Southern California
    ·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 8,237
    edited April 2014
    bicktrav said:
    @hapster - How much better is the double Woodford than the standard?
    Twice as good   >:D<
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 1,147
    Agree on the woodford. Drinking the OG right now after finishing off my bottle of double. Will only get the double from here on out.
    Large BGE
    Morton, IL

·
    bicktrav said:

@hapster - How much better is the double Woodford than the standard? I need to but another good bottle, but have been on the fence between the Woodford Double Oak, Dickel Barrel Select and Rowan Creek.

The difference in taste profile is worth the difference in price to at least try it once.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,775
    Old school....damn, you are a hipster!  Can't wait to see the schitty pics!  I guess I enjoy schitty pics, especially from hap. ;)

·
    I'm doing this cook super old school, no controller or maverick at all 
    So your cooking to time not temp? :))
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - Hasty Bake Legacy - Black Stone Pizza Oven - Gasser - 30" Firepit w/SS Cooking Grid
    ·
    LOL...

Okay, glass is refilled and I've downloaded my edited pics ;)

Here they are... Boiled the octopi for about 1min before rinsing and then into the marinade of olive oil, lemon juice, fresh thyme, garlic, salt, pepper, and hot pepper flakes. After the brisket coin, I'm grilling some peppers and asparagus to go wit the octopi along with some marinated artichoke hearts. The 13lb brisket was trimmed up and the rubbed with a 50/50 salt and pepper mix and stuck on a stable egg with oak for smoke...

Here are my **** pics :))
    imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,564
    Nice pics. ..
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
    henapple said:

Nice pics. ..

;)
    ·
    Egg looks like it's settled in nicely... The smell is amazing...

·
    Need someone to come watch that egg overnight? I can be there in 30 minutes or so, oh wait, no I'd have to walk, might be awhile. :))
    Morgantown, PA

·

DMW said:
    Need someone to come watch that egg overnight? I can be there in 30 minutes or so, oh wait, no I'd have to walk, might be awhile. :))
    The "bachelor" is hammered?  Oh noes!

·

DMW said:

The "bachelor" is hammered?  Oh noes!

I'm no bachelor and I'll be luckily to navigate my ass up to bed
    ·
  • Awesome job on the **** pics!! Ur editor must know there stuff.
    ·

Awesome job on the **** pics!! Ur editor must know there stuff.

Thanks... I'll pass along the compliment. :))
    ·
    It's been a while since I woke up on the lawn or deck....the couch...that's another story.  :D

·

It's been a while since I woke up on the lawn or deck....the couch...that's another story.  :D

Truth...
    :)

·
  • Letz4wheelLetz4wheel Posts: 236
    Where is the Snake River Farms lable? I think I will go watch the other post :) Actually it looks so good so far . The octapus I am still afraid I would have to pass on although it was nice of you to glue spegetti-os on its little legs :)
    Southern Indiana
    ·

Where is the Snake River Farms lable? I think I will go watch the other post :) Actually it looks so good so far . The octapus I am still afraid I would have to pass on although it was nice of you to glue spegetti-os on its little legs :)

LOL... I don't get that fancy with brisket. If it's cooked close to right, not sure there is a huge difference to justify the difference in pre cook price.

If you like shrimp, you'd love octopus, spaghetti-O's or no...
    ·
  • @hapster Did you fold the brisket or put something underneath it to get it to fit into the egg?  I started a thread earlier today about the same issue.  I've got a big 18 pounder for next week.
    Eggin', craft beer and good cigars.  Tampa, Florida
    ·

@hapster Did you fold the brisket or put something underneath it to get it to fit into the egg?  I started a thread earlier today about the same issue.  I've got a big 18 pounder for next week.

I trimmed so much fat off, I kinda folded the point end under itself to get it to fit...
    ·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 11,150
    @hapster‌...now that's the stuff! Looks good. Can't wait to see finished meteorite.
    LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
    12:50am...

Egg is locked in on 250F on the dome, and I'm going to bed.

See ya in the am!
    ·
    ciao buddy.

·