Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

Options
TexanOfTheNorth
TexanOfTheNorth Posts: 3,951
I was inspired by a couple of recent stuffed pork tenderloin posts so decided to do some for dinner last night. I used two tenderloins and stuffed with fresh spinach, brown mushrooms, swiss cheese and sliced anjou pear. I cooked the sliced pears for about 5 minutes in melted butter and some brown sugar and sauteed the mushrooms in butter for about 5 minutes as well. Rolled, tied and cooked the whole thing at 350* raised direct for about 45 minutes. Really tasted great!

Precooking some sliced pear and mushrooms

Two pork tenderloins ready for stuffing

Started with a layer of fresh spinach and swiss cheese

Added a layer of mushrooms

More fresh spinach, swiss cheese and sliced pears

On the egg

Ready

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.

Comments

• Buckdodger
    Buckdodger Posts: 957
    Options
    Awesome looking tenderloin...thanks for sharing the pics on the prep. Gotta try that cook soon.  :)>-

Opelika, Alabama
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    I forgot to add that I flipped the whole thing about 1/2 into the cook for about 5 minutes just to crisp up the top a bit then flipped it back over to finish.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options

Boy Howdy! Does that look good! Nice job. =D>

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Awesome!  Very creative on the combination of stuffins.  

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• Kruegs
    Kruegs Posts: 128
    Options
    That looks fantastic!  Did you find it hard to roll with all the stuffing in it?  That is usually my problem with this type of cook is that I get carried away with all the goodies inside and then struggle to get a good roll.
    XL BGE; CyberQ Wifi; Adjustable Rig, Woo2 Green Bay, Wisconsin
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Kruegs said:
    That looks fantastic!  Did you find it hard to roll with all the stuffing in it?  That is usually my problem with this type of cook is that I get carried away with all the goodies inside and then struggle to get a good roll.
    Not really, using two tenderloins helped. You just have to keep things "tight" as you roll. I get Mrs. TOTN to help me tie things up.

Someone mentioned on another thread that they used a bamboo sushi rolling mat to aid with the rolling. I have a couple of those but they were nowhere near being big enough for the job.
    I like the unusual pear-mushroom combination. Strong work John!
    Flint, Michigan
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    edited April 2014
    Options
    John, very nice stuffing and smoke ring.  Sometimes I use Saran wrap to wrap/shape stuffed chicken/pork, if it's a small piece I just chilled it well after wrapping and cook without string, bacon wrap or toothpicks. btw, I'm impressed with your matching pans, our cooking utensils are all 'one of a kind', lol!
    canuckland