Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza

Options
Looking to Egg my first pizza this week and was wondering if anyone has used any smoke chips???

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Wish I could help but pizza is the one thing that I stink at. Seek advice from @RRP as he is the pizza master.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    I have not used smoke chips on pizza myself. I would think that your pizza would pick up quite a bit of smoke flavor and that left-overs, if any, would have an even more pronounced smoke flavor.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.
    Options
    I don't add any chips or chucks to my wood fired pizzas.
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,890
    Options
    SGH said:
    Wish I could help but pizza is the one thing that I stink at. Seek advice from @RRP as he is the pizza master.

Whoaaa, I'm the gasket guy, not the pizza guy...I may make my own dough and sauce, but my pizza knowledge pales to that of Carolina Q. Give him a shout out!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @RRP‌
    My apologies sir. But must say I have seen some impressive pizza advice from you posted many times.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I think they mean AZRP. Regardless, I wouldn't add any wood chips when cooking pizza. Dough/bread can pick up a lot of smoke. You want it clean burning before you put on pizza.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings