Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Grilled Marinated Lamb Chops (Many Pix)

Fred19FlintstoneFred19Flintstone Posts: 7,287

I went to the meat market to buy a leg of lamb because it was on sale.  And it was.  I got a great deal!  While there, I was chatting with the owner and he told me his favorite preparation was marinated chops.  Not really a lamb expert, I asked about the marinade.  He suggested some Greek salad dressing.  I rounded out the meal with grilled corn and a grilled romaine lettuce wedge.

imageimageimageimageimage

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• looks great. how was it? the marinade tasty or too much?
  • SGHSGH Posts: 23,610
    Looks incrediable brother! I find that a very simple coating of Tony Chacheries on lamb chops is almost second to none. Give it a try sometime and see what you thing. Again fine job Sir.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • JeremiahJeremiah Posts: 5,182
    Great looking chops! Add that to the list...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Marinated was good.  It cut some of the "lambiness" which made it popular with the family.  Some of them are food wimps.  I want to try the chops with only a rub next time.  Tony Chacheries? 

Tony Chacheries? 

Try it brother. Its a simple cajun seasoning you can buy at any walmart or grocery store. In my humble opinion it is excellent on every thing. It may not be the best at every thing but i find it outstanding. My grand children even put it on pop corn.

Status- Standing by.

Arsenal-Just a small wore out and broken down Weber kettle. No other means to cook at all.
    The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 
  • I just wouldn't have figured on using that!  I was focused on Greek & Mediterranean flavors.
    Trust me brother. I would not steer you wrong. Ifs even fantastic on grilled corn.

Status- Standing by.

• Ok. My interest is piqued. The leg was cut into three meals worth of chops and some shanks. I'll give it a go!
  • U_tardedU_tarded Posts: 1,485
    Looks great Fred!

• Randy1Randy1 Posts: 378
    The chops look great! I bought a rack of lamb,cut it into chops two weeks ago. I marinated them in olive oil, chopped fresh garlic, chopped fresh rosemary, salt and pepper. They were outstanding with that combination as well.
    Maumelle, Arkansas
  • hapsterhapster Posts: 7,445
    Awesome looking cook!!!
  • Well done my friend!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.