It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Mayonesa De Aji (Salas Amarillo)
· 3 whole jalapeño chilies, roughly chopped. Devein and remove the seeds if you want a milder sauce.
· 1 tablespoon aji amarillo pepper paste – I bought ours on Amazon.com. Aji Amarillo peppers are sweet and hot.
· 1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
· 2 medium cloves garlic
· 1/2 cup mayonnaise
· 1/4 cup sour cream
· 2 teaspoons of lime juice
· 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
· Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Making the Sauce
Combine jalapeños, aji amarillo, cilantro, garlic, mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, and vinegar in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. With blender or food processor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sauce will be quite loose at this point but will thicken as it sits. Keep refrigerated.
We also use it as salad dressing and to replace traditional mayonnaise in other recipes.