Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ App for iOS released today

Just a quick announcement that we just released The Pit Pal BBQ app for iOS devices (both iPhone/iPod & iPad). This is the initial release and more features will continue to be added as we keep going.

Same as with the Android version, this is not just for people with temp controllers. Even the folks who do not have the CyberQ can record their cooks, logs, chart temps, etc etc. Those who do have the CyberQ (and soon to support Stoker) will be able to get all the normal bells and whistles (including push temp alerts while your iOS device is asleep).

We have done our fair share of testing but there are bound to be some bugs, so if you see anything, feel free to shoot me a note.

You can find all the details & download at the app store: The Pit Pal BBQ App - Apple App Store

Comments

• TheShaytoon
    TheShaytoon Posts: 420
    This is a great app, I have the pro version for the Android. Awesome that it is now available on the iOS, but dang it...you have to have iOS version > 6...this original iPad can't upgrade that high... Still, if you can install the app, it is worth every penny.

I have a very hard time engaging in passive relaxation. Twitter.Instagram.
    Dallas, TX

• Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Congrats

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• moontz
    moontz Posts: 15
    This is a great app, I have the pro version for the Android. Awesome that it is now available on the iOS, but dang it...you have to have iOS version > 6...this original iPad can't upgrade that high... Still, if you can install the app, it is worth every penny.
    Hmmm.. Thanks for letting us know.  It works with ios 5.x.  Must have missed something in the deployment configuration.   Will hopefully be fixed in next release.
  • moontz
    moontz Posts: 15
    Latest release supports ios 5 now.  Plus photos.
  • vchelf
    vchelf Posts: 95
    The Pit Pal site said that it supported the Stoker, so I purchased the Pro version for iOS.  It will not work with my Stoker.  The option only drops down for BBQ Guru. There is no Stoker dropdown on the device menu. Pit Pal can't find the Stoker Wi-Fi signal and won't connect.  I purchased a different app (BBQ Monitor) and it connects just fine.
    Victor Chelf
    Houston, TX

Just one Large BGE
    Visit my Victor's Vittles blog - dedicated to my Big Green Eggventures

• Hotch
    Hotch Posts: 3,564

@moontz One question.

How many temp probes, both fire and food, can you plot at one time, on the graph screen?

Large BGE, MiniMAX BGE, 2 Mini BGE's, R&V Fryer, 36" Blackstone Griddle, Camp Chef Dual Burner 40K BTU Stove
    BGE Chiminea
    Prosper, TX
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Cool! I just installed on my iPad Air. Created a test cook-- how do I delete it? Small bug- in landscape on my iPad you cannot click the settings or info button. Seems the social buttons are in the way.
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    vchelf said:

The Pit Pal site said that it supported the Stoker, so I purchased the Pro version for iOS.  It will not work with my Stoker.  The option only drops down for BBQ Guru. There is no Stoker dropdown on the device menu. Pit Pal can't find the Stoker Wi-Fi signal and won't connect.  I purchased a different app (BBQ Monitor) and it connects just fine.

Just about to order black box stoker WiFi. U love it, like it or so so? So this app won't jive with the stoker :-( Is the BBQ Monitor app worth downloading?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    @vchelf‌... I don't even see "BBQ Monitor" in the Play Store. I'm on HTC OneS. Is this app for Apple or Android? I see the BBQ Pit Pal but, not the other you mentioned.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • vchelf
    I'm not positive, but BBQ monitor may be exclusive to IOS.
    Victor Chelf
    Houston, TX

Just one Large BGE

• NPHuskerFL
    @vchelf‌...yep it is. I have iPhone for work phone and see it but, not on HTC OneS (Android). Maybe the Pit Pal will work on Android. How do you like the Black Box WiFi Stoker?
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • dagriller
    dagriller Posts: 74
    Downloaded and going to use on my Sunday cook. This looks so much better than the basic CyberQ HTML interface.
    LBGE Johns Creek, GA
  • vchelf

@NPHUskerFL - I have my Stoker configured for Wi-Fi.  It was really easy.  Hint - watch out for capitalization of the network ID.  I have the probes configured, etc.  I just haven't had a chance to do a low and slow lately.  Hoping to be able to put it to work real soon!

Victor Chelf
    Houston, TX

Just one Large BGE

• ChuckR
    ChuckR Posts: 248
    Very cool, when do you expect the Stoker version to be up and running?
    Suwanee, GA
  • vchelf
    I think the Pit Pal BBQ app will be the best of the bunch.  I guess I misread the info and thought it already supported the Stoker.  For the price, it will be worth the wait.  Until then, I will use the other available apps.
    Victor Chelf
    Houston, TX

Just one Large BGE

• dagriller
    dagriller Posts: 74
    How do you feedback on App? Used it first time this weekend and I have some feedback on interface. Thanks
    LBGE Johns Creek, GA