Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I hope I didn't ruin the ribs.....

Options
grussem
grussem Posts: 120
Hey Everyone,

I usually smoke my ribs for 2:45, then wrap, I miscalculated (DUMMY) wrapped them at 2:15.  I don't know what I was thinking.  Anyhow has anyone done this before and will they come out bad, or perhaps just a bit less smokey?  I feel like an ass now because I have friends coming over. :-P  Any advice?  Oh, btw, the bones were already starting to pull back when I wrapped them so I am hoping they're not "ruined" per say, just done a bit early.  BTW, they're St. Louis cut ribs.

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Your friends will likely care more about the tenderness than anything else. Assuming you seasoned them properly, I wouldn't worry too much.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • puddinhead
    Options
    They should be fine.  Just leave them wrapped for say 15 minutes longer.  Wrapping accelerates the cooking.
  • grussem
    Options
    Thanks for the responses fellas.  I'm gonna leave them wrapped for about 15 minutes longer, open one rack and see how they came out.  I seasoned them like I normally do so hopefully they'll otherwise be okay.....hopefully. 
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    If they are tender...don't sweat it.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • grussem
    Options
    Alright....... I made up for lost time with the ribs,  foiled them for 15 extra minutes (since I pulled them off the smoker about a half hour early) and all was well. The ribs were a big hit and I now have the confidence to correct a screw-up on the BGE. Thanks for the advice all. 
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    Options
    The beauty of the egg is it's forgiveness. Plus or minus 30 minutes isn't going to make or break you.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • TexanOfTheNorth
    Options
    Try doing them without wrapping next time. Much less work/trouble and the results are fantastic.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, "spa-Peggy" is kind of like spaghetti. I'm not sure what Peggy does different, if anything. But it's the one dish she's kind of made her own.