Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ozark Oak Hero

WeberWho
WeberWho Posts: 11,008
Just have to give some credit where credit is due.  A big huge thanks to RAH who is a forum member on both egg websites.  RAH and his buddy took a trip from North Dakota all the way down to Arkansas to pick up a huge shipment of lump from the Ozark Oak factory.  We are very fortunate that RAH is a past Ozark Oak customer as they are not taking any new customers.  RAH was able to load up 12 pallets of Ozark Oak for friends and forum members here in the Twin Cities/North Dakota.  He Doesn't make a dime of the Lump and only asks that you enjoy it.  The guy is a lump hero!  If that doesn't tell you what kind of guy he is I don't know what does.  

I was getting down to a few bags of OO from his run last year but now the egg won't have to worry about what it's going to eat for the next year or so.    
"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota

Comments

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Watch out for henapple.

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited April 2014
    Rollin' deep in the Twin Cities. 
    Without a doubt, a great guy.
    Looking forward to trying this stuff.

Russ if you see this, Adam sent contact info so Staci and I will be getting a hold of you this week to arrange payment.  Thanks!!
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• WeberWho
    @Focker‌

You won't be disappointed. It's a nice neutral flavor that doesn't over power the flavor of the food. Top notch lump. Are you coming up to the cities to pick it up? How much did you guys order? I'll be Des Moines next Friday for a concert. Don't know if that's any closer for you guys but could throw it in back of the truck
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Focker
    V,
    That's good to here, can't wait to try it.

32 bags.  Stace is up in your area periodically for business.  She was going to arrange a SUV rental and pick up from Adam in Bloomington.  

I appreciate your offer.  What concert in Des Moines?
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,566
    Yea he may be a hero to you but does he market underwear?
  • Chris_Wang
    Chris_Wang Posts: 1,254
    Insert PBR comment here

Ball Ground, GA

ATL Sports Homer

• Focker
    edited April 2014
    Minnesotans wear cabin curtain kilts. 
    Man, that was hilarious on Saturday morning, Frozen Fest 2013.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities

• Awwww I'm in ND and want some.
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    I'm in California and want some.  I never get any.  And a t-shirt...
    Santa Paula, CA
  • Many thanks to RAH and his buddy for making the trip. I was down to 3 bags from last year"s run and picked up another 32 or 1/2 pallet. It was a fun evening and good to see some familiar faces- cold as hell and would have made a good scene in a Miami Vice tv show! The scene being at night, a, bunch of cars and headlights, a secluded house and gravel road with a number of people unloading lump charcoal from a trailer into multiple vehicles all for the big green egg. . Was pretty funny. Ron
    Minneapolis / St. Paul. Large & Mini
  • WeberWho
    edited April 2014
    @Focker‌

Doesn't Staci live in or around Des Moines? Just bought a truck that came with a topper that I could toss back on to haul lump down. Really no big deal. That way you guys don't need to rent a SUV. We fit our 32 bags without any issues in the bed. No biggie on my end.

Going to see George Strait. Should be a good show

Minnesota
  • scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257
    Is this shipment all sold? I live in Mankato, and will be traveling to the Twin Cities almost every weekend from now through the end of June doing BGE demo cooks for the regional distributor. Would love to try this stuff out.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • WeberWho
    @scooter759‌

All 768 bags were called for before the trip down south. Crazy stuff. Are you doing the BGE Bone Daddy Classic at My Appliance Source? I really don't have much extra as my stock will get used up but could let a bag or two go if you're up in town for the comp

Minnesota
  • Focker
    edited April 2014
    WeberWho? said:
    @Focker‌ Doesn't Staci live in or around Des Moines? Just bought a truck that came with a topper that I could toss back on to haul lump down. Really no big deal. That way you guys don't need to rent a SUV. We fit our 32 bags without any issues in the bed. No biggie on my end. Going to see George Strait. Should be a good show

V, that is really cool to offer.  Won't ever forget you offering your place up for my family, after gettting that urgent consult to Mayo.  

She rents vehicles for business travel through her organization, so we don't have to pay per se, even for an upgrade to an SUV.  ;)

George Strait, that will be a good show.  Real country is dieing fast.  With George stepping down, I think all that's left is Jamie Johnson.  Sad 

Brandon
    Quad Cities

• WeberWho
    @Focker

Just didn't want it to be a hassle for you guys. That's super slick with the SUV.

I'm not the biggest country buff by any means but I do appreciate older country music. The last 6-8 months I have refused to turn on country music on the radio. It's just awful. I can't tell if I'm on the pop or rap station. I agree with Jamie Johnson. Strait should be a good show. No need for a sideshow or smoke and mirrors with him. A true artist. Have to see him if this is truly his last big tour or I will end up regretting not going to see him down the road

Minnesota
  • scooter759
    scooter759 Posts: 257
    @weberwho- yes I am registered under "Smoke Em If Ya Got Em" for the Bone Daddy again this year. This will be my third year. Dan does a great job with this. If you have some to spare that's great, I appreciate your offer. If your supply is getting light I can order some from Firecraft. I would appreciate it if you kept me in mind for any group buys that might be planned in the future. Look forward to meeting you the Bone Daddy.
    Extra Large, 2 Large, Medium, Mini Max, Weber Summit gasser, Weber Q. Mankato, MN
  • WeberWho
    @scooter759‌

This is our second year at the Bone Daddy Classic. We are team - Lex Luger. I'll throw a couple bags of Ozark Oak in the truck for you. Dan does a really nice job putting everything together. Hopefully we can get some better weather this year compared to the past few years. Good weather or not it will be a good time!

Minnesota