Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tried out a new table top design for a Xl table today.

Options
Started out the day planing to build a normal table like usual with the boards running from left to right with a granite inlay and a hole for the xl, after a few minutes of looking at it everything changed, haha.

Im not sure how the bottom or egg table are going to be covered yet. Im leaning more towards the way we normally build them because of how much of a pain it is to jigsaw out around the lower 4x4s and make everything fit right.

does anyone have any ideas or comments on how to make it better or different?

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    How bout the egg sitting on a drawer ?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• cortguitarman
    cortguitarman Posts: 2,061
    Options
    How about a concrete or granite slab for the egg to sit on with a drawer underneath. Silicon the edges I the granite so the water doesn't leak into the drawer. I built one for my buddy like this. His right side is an enclosed cabinet with a roll out trash can. The bottom drawer was designed to fit his plate setter.
    Mark Annville, PA