Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pineapple Upside Down Cake

Options
Sometime after I got my large BGE, I cooked a cherry cobbler in a ci dutch oven . It cooked well, but it had a smoky taste. I didn't like a smoky taste on a dessert. So I didn't cook another dessert until this past weekend. I saw the recipe for a pineapple upside down cake on biggreencraig.com. So I thought that I would try it. The first time I think that I used BGE lump. Not 100 0/0 sure. I could have not done something right (used lump, grease in old lump, or etc.). This time I used Rockwood Lump (first time). I cleaned out all of the old and filled it up with all new lump. It appeared to burn clean from the beginning, but I still let it burn for awhile before I put the cake on. I cooked it at around 350 indirect on an AR. I used the 14 inch BGE stone for the indirect piece. I had 1/2" spacers between it and my ci skillet. My skillet was a #8. Probably an inch smaller than Craig uses (see his recipe). It took about 70 minutes to cook. It turned out very good. It didn't have a smoky taste to it. I don't know if it was the brand of lump, starting with all new lump, or both, but the end result was that it was good. Thanks @biggreencraig.com

Comments